Chapter 28

Katherine and Holly sat in the cafeteria having their lunch. It was awfully quiet today.

Katherine cannot spot any of the princes and her siblings.

Damian has gone to investigate something for her but where the hell were others she thought.

'But what the hell am I thinking, seems like just in a few days I got used to their bickering and when they are not there it feels a little odd'

Katherine's thoughts were broken when Holly infront of her spoke "Lady Katherine, I made some cookies, would you like to try them"

She took out a basket from somewhere and pushed towards her. The basket was filled with different shapes of cute cookies. Looking at the cookies Katherine thought about back at the Dragon academy.

Flashback*

Dragon academy
Katherine was sitting in the library reading a book when a girl came to her and sat infront of her.

Katherine looked up from the book to the intruder who intruded her personal space. It was the same girl that she saved from those people a few days ago.

"Umm, Young Duchess, I am , my name.. " the girl spoke.

Katherine stared at the girl who was shaking all over and motion for her to sit down.

"Name" she said.

"Zena Moores ," the girl said .

After that when Katherine didn't said anything and just looked at her she spoke again .

"Thank you for saving me from those bullies that day and as to express my gratitude to the duchess I made some cookies for you I hope you like it" Zena said so fast that Katherine almost didn't understand what she was saying.

Now the girl was standing in front of her with her head down and hands with a cookie basket stretched forwards towards her.

Katherine looked at the basket and saw cookies of so many shapes. She took on and munched on it, it was really good.

Since then they would both eat together and Zena would often bring cookies for her.

Unfortunately just after a year together Katherine got to know about the uncurable disease she had and because of which she died at the age of just ten.

Since then she never ate cookies, thinking about the sweet girl that Zena was.

Flashback End*

Holly looked at Katherine who just stared at the cookie basket and thinking that she doesn't like it she spoke "I am sorry.. I know you would.. not eat such.."

But before she could finish Katherine took a parrot shaped cookies and munched on it.

"It's good" she said after eating it and taking one more.

Holly was looking at her in delight and smiled.

"So which attribute do you master" Katherine asked suddenly taking Holly by surprise as she coughed.

"Earth magic" Holly said after she calmed.

"You do gardening" Katherine asked her, she wanted to find someone who can grow a special kind of thing, that she can't, why? is the story of another time.

"Yes, I do.." Holly said.

And this talk continued till they have finished their lunches.

"What's your strongest attribute lady Katherine?"Holly asked as she came back after putting the plates in the washer.

"Dark" Katherine replied simply.

"Evil people, Evil magic" someone said from behind.

Katherine didn't bother to look back and just walked out of the cafeteria along with Holly.

"Where are you going, I am talking to you" the girl shouted from behind but her words fell into deaf ears as Katherine and Holly didn't stop.

"So what class do you have now, lady Katherine?" Holly asked when the bell rang and lunchtime was over.

"Embroidery" said Katherine uninterested, this was the class that was not choosen by her and her father but it was her really good sister that insisted that if she is not taking the other classes their is no problem but she should take atleast one class with the girls. So here she is sitting in the classroom looking at the threads and the cloth.

She will not lie but she really doesn't know how to do embroidery . She looked Holly beside her who had started working and now was making a beautiful bird on the handkerchief.

"Lady Katherine do you need some help?" asked Holly as she looked at Katherine who was just staring at the supplies .

Katherine nodded and Holly took a needle and a purple coloured thread and started putting in the needle.

The girls that sat around them scoffed.

"Don't even know how to embroider and calls herself a lady , what a joke." one of the girls spoke and the others laughed.

Seemingly, Rosaline has the same class as her today.

"Look at Lady Rosaline, such perfect embroidery, totally worthy of being the young lady of the Grand Ducal House" said another girl taunting her.

The girls waited for Katherine's reaction, they always thought that commoners were unruly people and will usually throw tantrums.

But they got no reaction out of Katherine, they were dumbfounded when this girl just totally ignored them.

"Oh you should not say that as now my sister here is the eldest lady of the house" said Rosaline in a sweet voice. To others it will seem like that she was so nice and taking care of her adoptive sister but instead she was just showing how good she is.

Katherine scoffed from inside at her behaviour , a Mary sue heroine, just what you want.

"Sister, let me help you with this" Rosaline came to Katherine and tried to take the cloth out of her hand but stopped when she saw the look on her face.

Looking at her face a shiver ran through Rosaline's spine as her smile faltered replaced with a fearful expression.

The girls became alert when they saw her face like this and came to her side and said "You ungrateful person, Lady Rosaline just wants to help you but you"

Holly panicked as she saw her friend being surrounded. The teacher was also in the class so she took the initiative to save her friend and stood between them and Katherine.