Chapter 31

Katherine felt Alisteir shift in his sleep as he inched closer to her. She has been sitting here since he fell asleep.

After sometime Drake came to the garden to find Katherine sitting on the bench and a sleeping Alisteir on her lap.

Drake frowned seeing how close they both were, he can't wait to know how Xander will react when he will know this.

"I will send him to his room" Drake said picking up the sleeping Alisteir off her lap.

Katherine also stood up and gave him a nod before going on her way.

_________________

The days had been going a bit peacefully but today he was coming back.

Xander entered inside the academy like he was a king, well he really is but still.

He just smirked as he passed the other students, boys cowering beneath his gaze and girls fawning over with Rosaline being one of them even though she already has a fiancée.

"Lady Katherine, Your fiancée looks so great" Holly squealed beside Katherine as Katherine just turned around to go to her class.

She really didn't want to do anything with him, she was busy with other matters. She really needs to go and find Damian to know what he has gotten his hands on.

Damian had notified her last night that he will be coming today with some interesting news.

But before she could even take a step she was stopped by the same boy she wanted nothing to do with.

The crowd disappeared along with Holly as she stared at his red eyes that were filled with mischief, not a good sign if you may ask her.

Suddenly she finds herself in the centre of the maze garden, away from the corridor and of course if you may wonder Xander was with her too.

His eyes seemed to have a dangerous glint in them as he looked her over.

She frowned at him and raised her eyebrow when he started checking her.

"I am glad you are fine" he said after done with his checking.

"So Irene, care to explain why was Alisteir sleeping on your lap a few days back" he asked his eyes never leaving her.

Katherine unconsciously gulped at his gaze.

"It's none of your business" she spoke in a cold tone.

He leaned closer to her, pulling her from her back so she doesn't escape "You and I both know if it's my business or not" he spoke in a low voice making her gulp again.

He was the only one who can get her heart to go haywire whenever he talks like that and he knew it really well as he chuckled in his deep voice.

He smirked at how he makes her feel which got even bigger when he saw her staring at his face. He can really imagine what her little brain was thinking.

Those oh so innocent thoughts, he can't even believe how can she know nothing of the dangers that lurk in the world, maybe she know of some but still completely unaware.

He bet she is even unaware of the thoughts that swirl in his mind everytime he meet her, the thoughts that will one day make him go insane. She might not know this but he observes her always, the times she didn't eat to when she is with other boys.

Thinking of the boys he will take care of Alisteir later. It has been a few months since school started and yet he can't find a way to be closer to her or you can say the others have been keeping him busy with different kinds of work.

He can just observe her from afar as she spends her time with her only female friend Holly or her maid Anne.

He has been in love with her since he laid his eyes on her. All these years as he saw her helping and protecting others, always staying up to the right no matter if everyone was against her, he knew that he can't get a better queen for him and his kingdom.

He will surely cherish her all his life and of course those who will try to harm her will wish that they never cross this Devil who is going to make their life worse then hell.

He hugged her and stood like that for a long time. Katherine knowing that trying to push him away was of no use with her strength so she just let him hug her.

It doesn't matter how much she didn't like him but she was a bit worried about him too because of how things would have been back at his kingdom.

She has listened to many rumours and sometimes heard Carlos talking about the crown prince position. The bad thing that is she can't be with him even if she wants, she might like him a bit as a friend but she was not staying here for long.

Katherine unconsciously patted his head in a rhythm which was a habit. She knew very well how it feels to be alone and maybe that was why she couldn't hate this person even though for the little time they spend together he did nothing but get on her nerves.

Xander smiled in her hairs as he felt her pat his head.

It was soothingly calm. After sometime he withdrew from her and said "Irene, you know you should not give your fiancée a headache, be away from other boys otherwise it will not be good..... for them"

The cocky Xander was back. She rolled her eyes at his statement.

"You should remember Irene that you are my fiancée and I don't like other people touching what is mine"

"I am not a thing Xander" she replied to him coldly.

"You are not a thing Irene, you are my woman and I am your man, know it, I will follow you till the end of the world, you can't get rid of me even if you jump in hell"

"I am not your woman Xander" she spoke calmly not showing any emotion on her face. She went away after saying this without looking back.

Xander didn't seemed bothered because he knew that whatever she said he was always the one who occupied her heart from the start but it's not like he trust other men around her, he just want to freaking kill everyone who set their dirty eyes at her.

He took out the piece of cloth he had of the girl to whom he promised that when he grows up he will surely come to take her and her mother to a better place from here.

It was Katherine he found out, the same girl he ever loved, the same girl who made him feel loved for the first time.He was late for her mother but now he is back and no one can hurt her.

He has promised himself that if she wants he will put the world at her feet and if he had to he will even burn the whole world for her.

Because she is his and no doubt he is hers.