Chapter 18

It was new morning and you can hear the chirping sounds of the birds on the trees in the garden.

Beside the garden you can see from the window a room, lit with happiness as the man and woman talked with each other happily.

The man can be seen as a good looking person, the type of which the girl's fawn over.

You can't see the woman clearly but you can asume that see was no less good looking than the man.

The man and woman cherished each other and loved each other very much the atmosphere was really happy like flowers were blooming everywhere.

These two people were from a wealthy family as you can see from their clothes, shoes and accessories.

These people were named Davis and Raven.

_______ ______ ______ ______

People often say that happiness is short lived, now in the room there was nothing but gloom.

The woman sat on the bed beside the man who was trying to console her.

"Raven, don't worry everything is gonna be fine, I don't want it anyway so if he will ask me I will happily give it to him"

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Davis faught with the assassins sent for him and Raff.

Since childhood there have been many misunderstandings between them and when finally they were cleared, somebody wants them dead.

They both moved swiftly, protecting each other while killing the enimies.

It was almost over when somebody attacked Raff from back but Davis came in between and took the heavy blow. He spit out blood as he stumbled to the ground.

The one who attacked was already lying dead a two feet away on the ground.

Raff ran to Davis, sat on the ground and placed his head on his lap.

"Davis hang in there, help will arrive soon" he said but Davis was not listening because he knew that he has a very little time left.

"Don't bother Raff, I am dying already, just take what ever is left, I give you everything, I already signed the documents" he said quickly.

Raff cried " No you can't die, it all belongs to you Davis, I can't take it"

Davis just shook his head and said "I have a request for you please take care of Raven when I am gone, Take her away from my mother's cluthes"

"Don't say this you will be ok and take care of her yourself"

"Please take ca..re" with this Davis dropped down dead.

_________  _________  _________  _________

"Who killed my mother?" Katherine asked.

The Duke was surprised, he knew that she will find this out one day or another but he did expect her to find it out so soon.

'She has been in the Dragon Wales for so many years, how did she found it so quickly'

"I don't know what you are taking about" The Grand Duke said in a calm and collected tone.

"Father I think you know very well that what I am talking about" she said.

"You mother died in an accident"

"Is that so?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

He nodded in response.

"Ok, so if you want to play innocent you can play, You should know that I am really grateful of you for caring for me for all these years"

"But if I found that my mother's death or I should say murder has anything to do with you than I will never forgive you" she said and stood up to go out.

As she was about to turn the Grand Duke said "It's true your mother didn't die in an accident"

Listening this she looked at the Duke again with a smug look "So the Duke should also know who killed her or he never tried investigating as he already got me, who knows that you adopted me because you already knew about my unusual attributes"

"Kathy, you are getting it all wrong"

"Do you think of me as a fool?" she asked him.

"Do you thing that I don't know why my mother suddenly wanted me to know table manners or how to dance and those other nobles' routines?"

"Do you think I don't know that why my mother for the first time asked me to wear dresses?" she said with a frown.

"Kathy,-" The Grand Duke tried to console her but she stopped him.

"I don't care about what you have to say but know this before hand that if you are really involved with my mother's murder in anyway, either knowingly or unknowingly you better pray that I don't find something about it because if I do not even the God can save you" she said and went out slamming the door loudly.

After she was gone Xander came out of the shadows in the office and said "That was pretty rude"

The Duke looked at him in a tired way. Either way it was not Katherine's fault, there are many things that are better kept hidden.

"So Duke you know who did that , don't you?"

The Duke nodded and said "I do know it but she can't know it and I expect you to protect her at the academy because we don't know what kind of things those people have up their sleeves"

"Duke, rest asured, I will do that even without you saying it, after all she is my beloved fiancée, I really can't afford to lose her, can I ?" he said before disappearing in the shadows again.

When he was gone the Duke leaned back in his chair, tired as he looked at the photo on his desk.

In the photo there were two man who were standing together wearing army suits with their hands on each other's shoulder.

It was him and his brother. He still remembers this day when they won their first battle together.

They were both just eighteen at that time when there was a war in which many lost their lives but it was also the last time his brother and him were together before his brother's death or you can say murder.