Chapter 43

"I know where he is" Katherine said as she entered the Grand Duke's office.

"Katherine?" said Lucas.

"Davan, take me to the Demon Castle" she said turning towards him.

"Even if you know, you are not going alone" Damian came in between and the others nodded in agreement, no way they are letting her go alone to that place.

"I never said I was going alone" she said to the others who were determined to go.

"You should be careful otherwise the dark energy will envelope you light energy as the Kingdom of Demonica is surrounded by a thick wall of miasma" said Davan.

"I know about that very well, you just lead us the way, Xander, Lucas, Damian and Mark we are going, we need to knock some sense in Liam's head" she said turning around.

Mark quietly came out of the shadows and stood beside his master.

"Liam?" all questioned.

"It's her brother" said Selueous sitting back on his chair, he was relaxed as he knew that they will take care of it well.

"Alisteir, Drake and uncle see that he doesn't go anywhere" she said pointing towards Ivan.

"Keep his sanity intact until we come back and also do what I asked you too" she said to them keeping them here.

"And Rosaline" she turned towards her cousin "When he comes keep neutralising the dark mana surrounding both"

With that the six disappeared in a puff of smoke.

___________________

"So you are her assistant" said Xander to Mark as they were walking through the forest that surrounded the Demonica empire.

Mark was silent and following his boss making Xander utterly irritated, he was a really possesive man and never like Katherine being close to other men.

"Cut it Xander" said Katherine fed up from him questioning Mark.

They we come more and more closer to the wall so the miasma in the air was getting thicker making is hard to breathe.

"Mark" Katherine motioned him.

At the order of his master Mark took out some masks and handed each them to the three men and took one himself.

"What is this for?" asked Xander. He can be really dumb sometimes and especially when his mind is on how to keep men away from his girl.

"If you don't want to lose yourself to the darkness and die, wear it" said Mark following his master.

"But why is that" this was Lucas who asked now.

"You can't inhale it, it's like poison to ordinary people" Davan said.

"But what about Katherine" asked Lucas.

"I will be fine, don't worry" she reassured him.

Xander put the mask on but was still glaring at Mark.

Soon they reached the wall.

"Now this is huge" said Damian looking at the huge wall the miasma fog surrounding the demon domain.

Even if you look up you can see no end to it.

"Let's go inside, you all might feel dizzy but try to cope with that" Davan said before stepping in.

They all nodded and stepped in one by one, the inside was no different,  the miasma was so thick that you can't see even you own hand in it.

Xander clutched Katherine's hand tightly so that they both don't get separated.

This this thick fog, the only thing visible was Katherine's left side,it was unusually glowing and fighting of the the miasma that tired to enter inside side while on the other hand the right side was absorbing as much as it can.

It is said that demons are more stronger in their own domain and the reason is the miasma that gives them power.

Soon they were all out of the darkness and saw a beautiful world, it was nothing like the stories that were told in the Kingdoms.

The stories that said that the demon domain was hedious because it was always surrounded by miasma but it was not the thing with this.

This place was even more marvellous that the outside world, with it's mysterious vibes and beautiful plants it was really amazing.

All of them stared at it in awe, well except Davan and Mark of course.

This was the demon realm which was told to be ugly but it was nothing like that.

Even though this place was utterly beautiful but it was a place for only demons,outsiders can't survive here.

"So we have just two days,after that this place will began to choke us so we have to be quick" Katherine told everyone.

They all nodded.

"Uncle please show the way" she asked Davan and he took them.

As they walked on the streets the small demon kids looked at them with curiosity.

"Are you... Queen Raven's daughter, Princess Katherine?" a little demon boy came to Katherine and asked in his cute voice.

She looked at him and crouched down to his level "Well, Mrs. Raven was indeed my mom but I am not a princess"

"Princess Katherine, Mom, princess is back, princess is back" the little kid shouted running away to his home.

As he shouted many demons came out and gathered around them.

"Your highness, we were waiting for you" an elderly demon came to greet her.

"Your highness you are finally back, I am Davis, I will be your personal aide" he said.

Katherine looked at the demons that surrounded her and sighed, she turned back to ask Davan for help but he has disappeared long ago.

She looked around  but didn't found him.

"Who are you looking for madam?" asked Davis.

"Mr Davan Satan" she told him.

"Him? How could he be here?" he asked confused.

"Why can't he be here?" asked Lucas.

"Because he died a decade ago" these words that came out of Davis' mouth took them by shock.

"But it was him who took us here" said Damian.

"No it can't be him, even if he is a demon he can't come back to life, well can you tell us how he looked" Davis said.

"Mark," said Katherine and Mark immediately gave her a picture.

She handed the picture to Davis.

"How is this possible, this indeed is Mr Davan, but he died long ago, it was our Queen who buried his body"