Chapter 40

Xander glanced towards Katherine to see her reaction but she was cldly calm as usual. Seems like her familiar did a good job in getting information.

Xander's gaze the then went to Ivan who was clenching his teeth at the sight of his half brother.

The Prince stood in the middle of the hall and bowed towards his so called father and said "Let me introduce myself, I am the second prince of the Enchancia Empire, Damian Lomeire"

Lucas was also shocked at this, at this moment he was not like the wild boy seen at school but like a dignified prince.

Now it was clear why Ivan hated him because he was a threat to his throne.

And the reason why Xander and Damian didn't get along was some personal issue.

Damian smiled at the crowd and then his eyes were met with the utterly cold eyes of Katherine and his heart stopped.

He was sure dead today. The ball started and ladies swarmed around the new prince to get his attention but Damian's eyes were glued on the dancing Katherine with Xander.

After the song ended he approached her.

"Lady Katherine, may I have this Dance" he asked her giving her a wink.

Seeing his wink Xander stepped on his foot.

Damian looked at him and he smiled taking him away from Katherine.

He took him outside and yelled "What were you doing?"

"Don't you think she deserves to know the truth about her mother's death"

Xander and Damian glared at each other.

"What about mother's death" a voice interrupted their staring contest.

"It's nothing, lets go" Xander said taking her hand to drag her away but she refused coldly.

"I was not asking you" she glared at him.

"What about my mother's death Damian or I should say your highness" she asked turning towards Damian whose gaze was stuck to the ground.

"So now you don't have words, do you know how worried I was when you suddenly disappeared, was it fun" she asked him.

"I..Katherine...I.." Damian stuttered .

"Watch out" Damian shouted pushing Katherine away when an arrow was shot in her direction.

Xander and Damian both took their stances but a smoke covered the area and when it cleared Katherine was gone.

And finding her is gonna be a hell of a task.

_____________________

Katherine woke up in a dark room.

She felt dizzy as she picked herself and observed her surroundings. It was a small dark room, smelling aweful .

"You are awake" a voice called from the darkness.

She can see a silhouette of a man in the darkness.

"Who are you?" she gritted out.

"Oh Katherine you don't remember me, I am hurt" the voice said again.

The voice felt familiar to her, it was-

The came out of the lingering darkness and she saw him, the man she met in the forest, the same clocked figure.

He lowered his clock and she can she the same hair colour as her and the same dull red eyes as the Grand Duke .

"Who are you?" she asked again.

"Who do you think, my appearance, don't you think I resemble someone" he said.

Katherine lifted her hands to attack him, it was then she noticed the thin thread around her hands.

"Mana shackles" she wispered.

"Right"

"You think these can stop me" she said raising a brow.

"Maybe not but you don't know what you can do yet" he said leaning towards her and gripping her chin.

"Do you want to know who I am" he smiled making her look at him.

"Who are you" she asked again.

"Maybe you are not as smart as you look, sister" he said with a mocking gaze.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You are my sister, isn't that simple. I am you one and only biological family left, your older brother"

"What?!"

"Shocked, by just this, you want know right, who was our father and what was our mother"

She just stared at him.

"You should ask the Grand Duke about it, as you thought he knew everything but unfortunately you will not live to see him again" he said now squeezing her chin.

Katherine stared at him and then her gaze landed on the chain dangling from his waist. It was the only thing of her mother that she can't find.

Now the pieces were put together. The same looking pendents, him being her brother , the murderer, it was him.

"It was you, you killed my mother, you. Why?" she shouted at him getting away from his loose grip.

The man gave her just a sinister grin.

"Yeah, I did, but so what"

"How, just How,for what?"

"Oh, my naive little sister, why don't you go and ask our mother yourself" he grinned wrapping his hand around her neck and strangling her.

Katherine struggled as she can breathe but she can't die, not until this person, her mother's murderer is alive she can't.

SHE CAN'T.

Suddenly the mana shackles were absorbed by her, all the magic restraining her was absorbed and avoke the demon sleeping inside her.

She glowed fiercely and the man's hand holding her neck burned in the black flames surrounding her.

"Hell" he shouted backing away.

"I will come back" he said before going away, his life was precious and if she can't control she will eventually die herself and he didn't need to do anything.

The things were as he asumed soon after he left Katherine collapsed and drifted into a really deep slumber.

It was like months were passing but in reality were just hours.

She lived in another world looking at everything and taking in the changes, her many births, her many mistakes and her many values, in all of them there were just two things common.

Her death by an unknown person.

And

A man loving her with all his heart.

But two times of her life in succession were the most important of all of them, she lived them again.