Chapter 41

It was a dark night and you can see nothing in the sky. It was Ashley's eighteenth birthday also the same day she died.

A couple stood in the little apartment after Ashley went out.

"Honey, stop her, please stop her. My daughter, I loved her so much so how it came to this" the lady collapsed as the man sighed.

He did a big mistake of believing his son over his innocent daughter, he blamed the girl who will think a hundred times before lying to them.

He failed her and his wife too.

"Honey, stop her from going, I have a feeling if we let her go today we won't meet again,please" the lady begged.

The man took the lady downstairs to their car and sat inside.The couple drove to find their daughter, they found her but the breaks failed.

"Honey, stop the car otherwise you will hurt her, stop" the lady said.

"The breaks failed" he said in horror,  he looked in front and can see his daughter's lifeless eyes gazing towards them and then he did what he thought best, he turned the steering wheel and the car crashed into a pole.

But his daughter was not saved like he thought because as he turned the car she was trampled by some other car.

It started raining and Ashley laid there thinking that her own parents hated her so much that they killed her. She had a bitter smile on her face but the reality was just way too far from it.

Soon ambulances came and the three were declared dead on spot. As Ashley lay on the stretcher, a boy around her age came running towards her and stick to her body.

"Ashley, you can't leave me please don't, I know it's late but I love you, please don't  leave me, please" the boy cried.

He wanted to be with her but his body was cruelly separated from her.

In some days there was news that an eighteen year old boy gave his life after jumping off a building.

__________________________

It was a clearly lit room and Katherine stood before the Grand Duke.

"I don't care, what you know or what you don't but I am not revealing anything about myself"

~~~~~~~

It was the threading classroom.

Katherine stood infront of some drenched girls including Rosaline with a bored look.

~~~~~~~

At the corridor was a Rosaline crying and a furious Ivan holding Katherine by her arm in a tight and painful grip but Katherine just stared at him bored.

~~~~~~~

Now was the scene of an empty classroom.

Xander trapped Katehrine between himself and the wall.

"What were you doing with that jerk" he asked in a dangerously low voice.

"Just talking some business" she smirked.

"So he was holding you because of business"

"Yeah"

"Don't play with me , Irene and please keep away from those boys, for my sake" he wispered in her ears.

"For your sake?"

"Yeah, otherwise this man with turn into the beast he is" he smiled.

"Well, for your sake too, you won't want to be confined to a tower for the rest of your life, right"

"You won't dare" said Katherine playfully.

"Oh, try me I can do many more things than that" he kissed her and pulled her as closer to him as he could.

Katherine just giggled and lovingly stroked his hair, after all she loved this man with all her heart.

~~~~~~~

Xander received Katherine's dead body on the day of her birthday by an unknown someone.

Xander's eyes were red with fury as he was ready to slash the head open of the one who did this.

But they could not find the person even after knowing his identity.

Because of the depression Xander also met his death soon.

_______________________

Katherine stood in the darkness again struggling to get up.

A lone tear left her eyes as she thought of what she has seen just now, she was not abandoned by the people she knew.

They loved her, they loved her, they...

Tears started flowing out of her eyes.

And Xander that fool he loved her even when the world dispised her, he remained by her side.

He has always loved and cared for her always and still he was caring.

Now she also knows who that person was, the person responsible for her death in this world, her brother.

She can't die yet, Xander is waiting along with the others, she can't. Today she came to know that she was never the villian of this story.

She was just detached from the world, nothing, she wants to cherish what she has now so that she doesn't regret it later.

She has to wake up, for the sake of the one that needs her she has to wake up.

She has... to wake up..

Katherine jolted awake and found herself still in the same room.

Somehow she felt a lot energitic now. She tried lighting the dark room and it worked, her powers were awake.

Now it was time to go she thought as a smirk adorned her face.

__________________

Xander and the others searched for the whole day for Katherine, the Grand Duchy was in chaos.

But more than that Xander's and Damian's mind was in chaos. They blamed themselves that they were not able to protect her.

There was fury dancing in their eyes and the one who will approach them now has death wish.

"I have had enough" said Xander as he stomped towards where Ivan was and gripped his collar

"Where is she?"He shouted.

Ivan gave him a crooked smile "How do I know"

"You" Xander exhaled angrily.

Lucas freed Ivan out of Xander's grip and took him away.

Ivan brushed his clothes with his hands and said "I might have done many things but I have no hand in this".

He has done a fair share of bad things, like trying to kidnap her but she always slipped past his hands, even the emperor for frustrated because of this.

And while investigating, they found the dark material on the one and only crown prince and that's also the reason why he was being held here.

"It's late, you should go sleep" the Grand Duke said.

"I am not going anywhere until I find her" said Xander and Damian at the same time.

"There is no need" a voice interrupted them.