Chapter 51

"So are you saying that your inferiority complex was the reason for these stupid things that you did" Laim' s rage was increasing with every passing second.

He again launched at him and shouted in anger "So you killed my dad, killed my mom and wanted to kill my little sister just to satisfy your jealousy and greed".

"You are sick!" Liam yelled at him frustrated.

Syrus smiled wickedly at him.

"Yeah, so what?" he said in a crazy tone.

"Even if I did all this for that reason, does it matter? You are going to die here today, Then I will be the king cause there will be no one alive to tell the tale" he gave a sickening laugh.

"Do you think you are powerful enough to defeat me?" Liam asked him raising his brow.

Does he think that he can defeat the person who crossed the miasma wall unscathed at the age of six.

Liam mentally scoffed, his cousin has really gone crazy.

Liam dusted off some imagery dust from his clothes "Some one who can end me is not yet born"

"I might not be able to but this thing here might just turn the tide" Syrus pulled out something from his pocket.

It was a pen designed with delicate carvings, at first glance it seemed to be normal but it wasn't, Liam looked at it with a horrified expression.

"That's?"

"This? it was given to Ivan by Katherine as a friendship gift, but look at it, seems like at that time she didn't knew that it's not just the weapons but things she prepares too"

"She even leaves out some mana on the land she walks"

"She is really born incredible, if I could trap her as a show piece, it would be nice" Syrus said talking to himself.

As it was not a weapon that impact wouldn't be much but if he absorbs the mana inside it,all the hell will break loose.

That much mana of Katherine is enough to strengthen all his attributes associated with dark energy beyond imagination.

____________________

Katherine was handling some zombies when she felt the air change.

A smirk made it's way on her face as she thought about what was gonna happen.

"Xander, take care of it here" She said going off somewhere.

Xander looked back at her after chaining some of the zombies to the wall.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere to see a good show" a crooked smile was on her face as she said this.

Katherine reached the place where Liam and Syrus were having their confrontation.

The place where moments ago flamed were flying, lightening was striking and swords were clashing was now silent as dead.

Katherine can see a little bit worry in the eyes of her brother, well if she didn't knew the circumstances she would also be worried.

The root of the problem was the pen he held, the delicately carved, royal blue coloured steel pen that she has once given to Ivan as an engagement gift for his engagement with her cousin.

If the mana inside it is absorbed, a person can become really powerful if it matches his attributes, which explains why was Ivan the one who was approached by him.

Ivan's mana and his mana are similar in many ways, one being that both are royal offsprings, has the same powerful wind attribute and also the power of mind control which can be applied on mentally weak people.

But...
.
.
.
All this will happen under normal circumstances and the circumstances in which he was were anything but normal.

Katherine's smirk widened when he foolishly absorbed all the mana.

Liam's panicked gaze landed on Katherine who was standing on the sidelines smiling wickedly.

Liam was a little confused at her expression but when he heard a scream followed by curses, he understood and a the corners of his mouth rose wickedly.

At this moment both the siblings looked like the real villians of the story.

They both watched their cousin as he was slowly getting enveloped by a gruesome curse.

This was his harvest that he was reaping, he brought all this upon upon himself.

The reason of the curse was really simple, before gifting the pen to someone Katherine had put a spell on it.

The spell that will curse the person who tries to absorb the mana inside it, of course other than the owner.

This was done so no one can covet the deadly mana that was contained in this materials.

Syrus was going to die soon but not peacefully,  the curse will first eat away at his mana then his life force, it will eat everything until nothing is left.

Syrus understanding that he fell right into her trap cursed.

"Katherine, do you think that killing me would be the end of this but you both are not getting out alive from here" he said before screaming again from the excruciating pain he felt.

Coughing out blood he laughed as the curse ate him.

Soon he met his end.

And like he had said the situation went out of control.

The undead like demons seemed to go wild with no leader to guide them.

They all got together and fought but surviving like this seemed to be in perils.

Katherine's face was distorted for the first time in years.

"What to do now boss?" Mark asked while fending off some more insane demons.

"This is bad" said Xander as many of them jumped at his at the same time.

"We can't even kill them" Damian spoke frustrated.

"We need to get their sanity back, we need to get the black energy out of their heads" Katherine said using the light energy inside her to purify them.

Mark also used the mana inside the Luminous Dagger to do the same.

"We don't have enough manpower for that" Lucas said.

It was right, the only one who can use light magic here were just Katherine and Mark, no one else but the enimies were really large in number.

"Even after dying he is not leaving us alone" Liam shouted with frustration,  he can feel Syrus smirking in hell.

The things at the royal palace were really bad, if these demons escape outside it will be really dangerous for the common folks.

"Now seems like we aren't left with any other choice, Mark hand me the mana stones that you usually carry around" Katherine said while trapping all the demons inside a barrier to proceed with her plan.