Chapter -1

Aaruhi's POV

Aaru, have you gotten ready or not ? asked my mother from downstairs Just two minutes Mumma , i replied to her . I was getting ready to go to my elder cousin's wedding. I was ready in my blue lehenga with my hair down .

I am ready let's go . You are looking so pretty, Aaru , complimented my papa , for him I all always look very pretty whenever I wear something indian not that he doesn't like me in Western but he likes me more in Indian .

Let's go , now aren't we getting late , mumma said in sarcasm. We hurriedly went towards the car to go to the venue .

After reaching the venue I started to find my favourite cousin Nidhi, so apparently on my dad's side of the family Nidhi and I were pretty closed to each other

After reaching the venue I started to find my favourite cousin Nidhi, so apparently on my dad's side of the family Nidhi and I were pretty closed to each other .It wasn't like I wasn't close to others but Nidhi and I shared a different bond ,maybe because we did not have much of agegap between us ,she was only three years elder than me but behaved sometimes younger than me . It wasn't like we used to talk daily but whenever we met, we met like we haven't seen each other since ages.

After quickly finding her , we both went to our favourite part of the wedding 'FOOD' , i mean who doesn't love wedding food, at least not me .
After having our stomach filled with the amazing food we were roaming around when mumma came and asked me to come with her . I looked at her and she seemed tensed about something, I asked her why she looked tensed . She just asked me to come with her . I looked towards Nidhi and told her that i'll be back .

Mumma took me to a room where everyone , papa , both my tayaji and tayaji's were present

Mumma took me to a room where everyone , papa , both my tayaji and tayaji's were present . They all were looking so tensed as if Riya had eloped from her wedding .

What happened mumma ,papa , why have you called me here and why do you all look so tensed, I asked both my parents .

Riya has eloped from her wedding , mumma answered .

What! Did just my thoughts come true but how can that happen.
But Wait
Riya didi eloped
HOW ? WHY ? WHEN ? and most importantly WHY I AM BEING TOLD ALL OF THIS , me being the youngest in the family not somebody else .

I did not know how to react , what to say there were so many questions but above all I wanted to know why I was here and why were they telling me all of this out of everybody , so I asked.

Why did she eloped and Why are you all telling me all of this ? I asked . Tayaji nodded towards papa and everybody went out except for my parents .

Aaru, Riya , eloped because she was in love with someone else and had said yes because she and her boyfriend has fight .

How do you know this , I asked them .

She left a letter,saying all this mumma replied.

Aaru ,what if one day I come to you and want you to do something ,will you trust your Papa and do it ? Papa asked
I nodded , I ll do anything you ask me to do papa .

Then I want you to take Riya's place ,marry Riya's groom . Did I just heard it correctly,my paapa wants me to take Riya didi's place , to marry her to be husband. How can I , I mean it's wrong , totally wrong and above all why not Nidhi , why me ,she should be getting married before me right , she is the elder then me ,I looked towards mumma to confirm what papa said , she nodded slowly with tears in her eyes .

Why me ? Why not Nidhi , I asked .

Aaru ,you know she is already engaged we cannot ask her to get married, you are the only one who is left,  papa replied.

I was numb , tears were rolling down my cheeks, I didn't know what to answer papa , there were thousands of thoughts running in my mind, thoughts about my career, dreams , about my life and above all about finding my soulmate . Would i never be able to find someone that I'll truly love , cherish , that I ll grow old with .

I know you are confused beta, but trust your Papa . I'll never ask you to do something that is not good for you .
I'll give you some time to think but when I come back, I hope to hear a positive answer from you , with that he left ,leaving me shattered.

So what do you guys think will Aaruhi marry the groom

So what do you guys think will Aaruhi marry the groom . Will her answer be yes?
Who is the groom you guys think do tell me .

Like
share
comment...