Chapter -16

Aaruhi's POV

I was waiting for my parents to arrive, I had really missed my parents so much these few days . I was fine when I didn't know they were coming or there was still time for them to come but now that , it was almost time for them to arrive . I just couldn't wait . After every two seconds I was glancing at the entrance, while nikhil , continued to irritate me all this while .

Stop irritating me nikhil . I am already pissed that they aren't here yet and on the top of that you are irritating me . I said irritatedly to him , he just smiled like a Cheshire cat.

Nikhil, stop irritating my daughter. Dad , scolded him to which I just signed him to follow what dad said .

Aaruhi, beta , your parents would arrive soon , its only 10 minutes, they informed you ,they have started from their house and it approximately takes 40 minutes to come here from there .so don't worry .maa told me softly looking at my impatience. I just smiled at her .

If you are thinking , where my husband is , then let me tell you  all , he is in his room doing his percious work , don't forget to note the sarcasm guys .
I was still somewhat upset about the morning incident but also decided that It would be not right on my part to expect anything from him and also I can't force him to like something,  he didn't . He is an independent person and he can do, feel , show whatever he wants. I have got no right to make him  do something that he didn't want . So I decided that it would be better if I would forget all about that morning incident and focus on  meeting my parents. I missed them so so much . I missed quarreling with my mumma  on baseless things , teasing her .
It wasnt like I didn't missed papa , I did I missed him so much as well but I guess not as much as I did mumma , maybe because of the fact that he and I was not that close or maybe anything else , I don't know. 

When I was in all these thoughts the ,
Guard from the front gate informed  that my parents were here . I just couldn't for them to meet .

Third person's POV

Third person's POV

As aaruhi's parents entered, Mr. And Mrs. Mittal stood up to greet them. 

Mumma , Aaruhi said and hugged her mother tightly  , I missied you soo much . She said .

She looked at her father with a teary eyed smile as if to convey him how much she missed her father . She side hugged her father as well .

I didn't knew you were such a cry baby , ruhi , nikhil teased her , she gave him a side eye glare. 

This is our younger son , nikhil , Mr. Mittal said introducing him .  Nikhil , went forward to greet them and touch their feets to take blessings.
Though I am their most loving son , but also ruhi's , school friend, he said in a dramatic manner while pointing at aaruhi , making everyone smile at his antics .

As all the introductions were going on , Abhimaan descended down the stairs with his ' I own this place ' aura . Aaruhi's parents greeted him , he greeted them back and bent down to touch their feet.

Though Abhimaan was not somebody who would bend down to touch somebody's feet , his way of greetings was only nodding at people, not that he didn't knew that in our culture , it is deemed as respectful gesture when Youngers touch their elders feet to take blessings but he did that only with  his parents or grandparents when they were alive , but he also knew now that his wife's parents were also his parents , respect goes two ways , if he won't respect his wife's family then he can't expect his wife to respect his parents as well , not that aaruhi, didn't respected his parents , she did ,she  respected them so much not only that Abhimaan, saw how lovingly she behaved , talked with his family , how she started to take them as her own family in this short span of time . Now that, they have decided to start everything fresh , give their relationship a chance , abhimaan , decided that it was only fair that he should not only give this relationship a chance,  but also many other relationships that  he was bound into when he married her .

Everyone took a seat on the sofa after the greetings, , Abhimaan, looked at his wife who didn't spared a glance at him since morning, making him more restless, making his assumption about her being upset with him , true , he want to talk with her , wanted her sit with him but alas his wife decided to sit with her mother.

Vikram ji , please forgive us for what  Riya did , we really didn't have any idea she was thinking of doing all this , my brother personally wanted to come and apologize to you but he couldn't gather the courage to come after what his daughter did , aaruhi's father said. 

You don't have to apologize for what you are not responsible for and it's better we let it go whatever happened on that day ,Abhimaan's father vikram said.

I know whatever happened that day wasn't right ,the circumstances our children got married were not correct but I request you please accept our daughter , as your daughter in law. My daughter didn't had any fault in all this .Aaruhi's father again said politely.

What are you saying manish ji , aaruhi   is now our daughter, you don't have worry about aaruhi anymore , we know she didn't had any fault that day , she did all that just to save everyone's reputation, said vikram .

Ji bhaisaab, ab apko aaruhi ki fikar krne ki bilkul jarurat nahi hai , aaurhi ab humari beti hai . We  have always wanted to have a daughter, now with aaruhi , our that wish has gotten complete , said awantika looking towards Aaruhi lovingly

Mr .&Mrs. Garg smiled gratefully, mentally thanking God for giving her such great people as her in-laws.

Ok now leave all this , we didn't call you here to remember all that happened . Rishtedaar hai hum Bhai , ek dusre ko Jaan na toh Banta hai . Kese rishtedaar hogay  hum ,agar ek dusre ko jante hi nhi ho gay . Said vikram to lighten up the mood.

Everybody shared a genuine laugh hearing this .

Surprise , surprise guys

I updated today and it's Monday today but I felt like update today so I did 😊🤭😁.

So this was it for today guys . Do tell me how did guys liked it .
Guys it's request to please do vote for the story and comment your precious thoughts. It would only take a second for you to do so but it would give me great motivation.
Don't forget to
Like
Share
Comment