➝ 004.

everyone was sitting around the wooden table. Rosy had invited her children to have a dinner with them. she hadn't seen them in a while , due to her working as a chef and being busy all the time.

everyone around the table were smiling , laughing and making jokes. but Pedri was in his own little world. he wasn't fully eating and was picking his food with the fork.

his eyes were planted on the wooden table but his mind was with her. it was with Lacy. he missed her so much. he wanted to call her so bad and spend time with her.

Rosy had noticed her son's behaviour and frowned a little. "mijo? are you okay?" she asked and it went quite around the table. Pedri looked up and he saw everyone's eyes on him.

Melisa sighed and put her elbows on the table , intertwining her fingers and leaning her chin on them. her eyes were firmly on the wooden table.

it wasn't hard to notice the tension between the two of them.

Pedri licked his lips and gave his mother a stiff smile. "yes mama , i'm okay" he spoke , clearing his throat in the process. Fernando raised a brow. "really? you haven't eaten half of your food yet..." he trailed off.

Pedri leaned back in the wooden chair. "i'm not really that hungry" he spoke and Rosy scoffed. "don't give me that story , boy. i worked hard on this dish. here , let me go heat it up" she spoke and took his plate.

"no , mama it's not necessary" he said and Rosy gave him a look that immediately shut him up. the twins were playing video games on Fernando's phone the second their grandmother was out of sight.

"when's the next game? we want to come" Fer spoke as he put a piece of potato in his mouth. Pedri took the glass of water. "this weekend. i can arrange tickets" Pedri spoke and took a gulp of his water.

"please do. last time when i got the tickets , i got us shitty seats. i sat next to a woman who yelled so loud , i almost went deaf" Fer spoke and Pedri snorted , shaking head at his older brother.

Melisa was quiet the whole night , not speaking a word unless she was spoken to. things between her and Pedri weren't the best and the fact that they were both stubborn as hell didn't help either.

Melisa knew it was about Lacy and she wanted to bring it up , she truly did , but she knew what he was like. he would spiral out on her, if she even mentioned Lacy.

Rosy came back and the twins hastily gave Fernando his phone back. he snickered under his breath and put his phone face down on the table. Rosy placed the heated up food infront of her youngest son.

Pedri smiled up at his mother. "gracias , mami" he said and picks up his fork , eating his food. he didn't realize how hungry he actually was until he had a taste of the food.

everyone made conversation amongst each other , planning some holiday trips and joking around.

"and you , dear? when are your parents coming to visit?" Rosy asked as she looked at Melisa. the dark haired girl licked her lips. "i don't actually know. we haven't talked about it"

her eyes darted between Melisa and Pedri and she instantly knew something was up. usually , she would interfere and force them to make up , but they were married now and had two children. they are adults and should work heir problems out like adults.

"hmm" she hummed. "i would love to see them again" Rosy said , a small smile on her lips. Fernando smiled and nodded his head. "me too"

Melisa gave him a look. "you mean you want to see Esra?" she asked , raising a brow and Fernando's face flushed at the the mention of Melisa's younger sister.