➝ 009.

Pedri had arrived at home the following day. he was exhausted and almost immediately took a shower. tomorrow was Cia and Mateo's birthday and they were going to celebrate it at their home.

Pedri walked out of the bathroom , the towel hanging low on his hips and the water droplets dripping from his hair onto his body.

he scanned the room to see Melisa on the bed. she was scrolling through her phone and looked up once he entered the bedroom.

it was still day outside and it was kinda hot so Pedir just settled for a simple shirt and some jeans.

Melisa couldn't help but let her eyes roam over her husband's back. she felt her stomach fill with butterflies and smiled.

it felt like she was seeing him for the first time all over again.

the girl's feet thought before her mind did and she switched her phone off and threw it on the bed. she walked towards the walk in closet where her husband was getting dressed.

his hair was still wet but she could see the water was now soaked out of it. she walked closer to him and put her palms on his back.

Pedri's muscles tensed.

she could feel it.

she put her arms around his middle and placed her lips against his skin. "hi" she muttered. Pedri cleared his throat. "hi" he replied.

he reached forward and got a white shirt out. Melisa placed her cheek on his back. "i missed you" she spoke softly.

the two stood there like that for a few seconds until Pedri licked his lips and placed his hands against hers.

he slowly pulled them off.

Melisa felt a lump in her throat. she felt her eyes sting with tears. Pedri pulled the shirt quickly over his head before he turned around to face his wife.

"not today" he spoke and got out his sneakers and some socks. he quickly pulled them on and ran a hand through his hair.

he walked around her. Melisa blinked her tears away.

"where are you going?" she questioned when she saw him stuff his wallet and phone into his pockets.

"i'm going to get some things for the birthday party tomorrow"

Melisa wiped her sweaty palms on her jeans and nodded her head. "see you later" she heard him say and he was out of the bedroom.

Pedri passed his children and gave each of them a kiss on the forehead. they had each requested some muffins and Pedri smiled , reassuring them that he'll get them the muffins on the way home.

he was out of the front door and immediately into the car. Pedri took a breath and put the car in drive.

he was peacefully driving in the streets , his eyes firmly on the road in front od him when he heard a familiar song play on the radio.

he smiled.

Lacy's favourite song.

Stephen Sanchez's Evangeline started blaring through the car and he put the volume higher.

it brought some type of calm over him. Lacy loves this type of music and it kinda rubbed off on him when they were younger.

she played it on repeat and he started to like it as well. it wasn't his usual type of music , but for her , he loved it.

Pedri smiled at the thought of her. he made a mental note to call her later on.

the footballer finally made it to the stores. he parked in the parking lot and got out of the car. he walked towards the store. he knew there would be people who were going to notice him , but he didn't care.