➝ 012.

"come on , don't be like that" Pedri whined as he laid on Lacy's bed. she was sitting at her vanity , with her hair in a bun and some glasses on her nose.

"i can't. i have to hand this in. why can't you go alone?" she asked as she spun around in the chair. the boy propped himself on his elbows and looked at her.

"because i want you to be there with me"

Lacy would lie if she said her stomach didn't fill with butterflies after he said that.

"i don't want to be boring there the whole time" he continued. Lacy let out a little scoff. "you're not going to be boring , Pepi. you have so many friends there"

"not friends. rather...acquaintances" he said. "you're my only friend and you know that" he continued.

Lacy's lips fell into a straight line and her stomach caved at the word friend.

"so what do you say? will you come with?" he asked her. she hesitated and he saw that. "i'll take you out to a nice dinner afterwards"

"sold" she instantly said and he busted out in laughter.

he watched as she got up from her seat on the chair. "so what should i wear?" she asked as she walked towards her closet. Pedri hummed in wonder and then got up from the bed , walking to where she was standing.

"a dress?" she questioned. "show me what you have" he spoke and she nodded her head before pulling three dresses out.

Pedri's face scrunched at them. "too short." he simply stated and then took it upon himself to rummaged through her closet.

he got out a black, fitted cropped top with short sleeves , some white washed jeans and some sneakers.

"perfect" he spoke and threw the pieces of clothing on her bed. "Pedri , that's like the bare minimum" she said. he nodded his head.

"exactly. i'm not having some perverts look at your body the whole night" he muttered and she playfully rolled her eyes before taking the clothes and going to the bathroom.

Pedri went through his phone while Lacy showered.

when he heard the shower going , he started to put some of her clothes away. it was a habit that he had. he was always the one who picked up her clothes and tidied her room whenever she was busy with other stuff.

on the mirror at her vanity, were photos of them on her wall. he recognized some he took of the two of them , some where they were little and then there were a couple of her with her cousin — Laila.

Lacy stuck her head through the door and Pedri looked at her confused. "i forgot a towel..." she trailed off , sheepishly.

Pedri walked towards her closet and got out a soft pink towel with the letter L on it. it was the one her father got her for christmas after she begged him for it.