➝ 005.

Pedri slung his training bag over his shoulder as he walked with fresh clothes out of the showers. he dabbed Pablo and the others up as they all went their separate ways.

he got in his car and threw his training bag in the backseat before strapping his seatbelt in and backing out of the parking lot.

they had training today and he had to go in at 4 in the morning, since they had a program today. Xavi had tried a new training strategy and even though they were all exhausted from it , they liked it.

they had discussed new game strategies , new game plans , substitutes for the upcoming game against Sevilla and more.

Pedri drove into the driveway of a fast food restaurant. he didn't get much — just a Pepsi and some fries.

he waited for his food and his eyes skipped over to the photos in the back of his phone. one was of him , Theo and Cia at Camp Nou and the other one was him and Lacy when they were only 6 years old.

his lips lifted up into a smile at the thought of Lacy and his stomach churned.

he was snapped out of his trance and drove to collect his food. "gracias" he said , politely as he gave the girl the money. the girl smiled back and he drove off to the nearest beach.

he sat in the car and squinted his eyes at the sun. he grabbed some sunglasses from the glove box and put them on.

he took his Pepsi and began taking a sip of it. he was so lost in thought and jumped slightly when he heard a knock on his passenger window.

Pedri smiled when Lacy's face came into view. "hey there" she said. "how long have you been waiting?" Pedri asked , watching as she entered the car. Lacy shrugged and leaned back in the seat.

"not long. just a couple minutes" she spoke and hummed. he lifted his fries. "want some?" he asked and she shook her head. "i'm not that hungry. i just ate" he spoke , a smile on her lips.

"how was your day?" Pedri asked. he admired her as she began telling him about her day. she went to the park to feed the pigeons and then walked around the city a bit.

Pedri admired how beautiful she looked. the sun was reflecting off of her delicate skin and her eyes were glistening. her honey brown hair was shining and in a bun , with a red ribbon on the top. some strands of her hair was over her face.

Pedri felt his nose burn and his tears on the brim of his eyes. she looked so beautiful. he wanted nothing but her.

"and you? how was football training?" she asked him , turning to face him. Pedri snapped out of his trance and blinked his tears back.

"it was good. training was a bit harsh but we all kind of liked it" he told her, taking another sip of his Pepsi.

Lacy began talking once again about a new show she had started , saying that she didn't really understand it and the slang , but she loved it.

Pedri's eyes crinkled as he stared at her. her skin as soft and smooth. she didn't age a day. she was so gorgeous.

Pedri felt Lacy's hand on his and he shuddered. "you should come visit me sometime" she spoke and he gulped. for a second, a split second , he looked through her eyes. it was like a transparent glass.

"of course" he said and her face lit up once again. she put her hand in her lap and he licked his lips once again before he reached for his phone.

"i was looking through our childhood photos yesterday. want to see?" he asked and she hummed before she moved closer to him.

Pedri could smell her sweet scent and he noticed the tattoo of a butterfly on her wrist and he smiled to himself.

"look , that's the time we got mud all over us" she excitedly said and he chuckled, remembering the day. "yeah , your mom scolded us for hours" he replied.

he just admired her movements , her facial expressions and her featuess. he didn't ever want to forget or lose her.

━━━

Rosy had called Melisa.

she noticed the tension between the two the other night and since she had an off day , which was rare , she wanted to meet up with Melisa and talk about it.

the dark haired woman had felt so alone dealing with all this , so when Rosy called her and suggested they talk about it , Melisa immediately agreed.

Melisa was dressed in some jeans and a shirt as she sat inside of a beautiful Cafe. she was scrolling through her phone , looking looking her and Pedri's wedding photos.

she felt the tears prickle in her eyes and blinked them back once she noticed Rosy walk in. the woman had her casual clothes on and her handbag was cluthced in her hand.

Melisa put her phone down and stood up , giving her mother in law a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"how are you , my dear?" Rosy asked as they each took their seats. Melisa took a breath and shrugged. "as good as i can be"

a blonde waitress came over and put the menu's infront of them. "anything to drink?" the woman asked and Melisa smiled. "just a lemonade , please"

"same here" Rosy said and the woman nodded her head and gave them a polite smile as she walked to the back to prepare their drinks.

"are the twins still at school?" Rosy asked and Melisa nodded her head. "yeah, they had a hard morning since Pedri had to go to training at 4 am"

Rosy hummed. "those children loves their father" she said and Melisa agreed. the two talked about how their day was going until the waitress came back and put their drinks infront of them.

"gracias" Melisa and Rosy said as the girl walked back to attend other customers.

"my dear , what is going on?" Rosy asked. Melisa licked her lips and moved her straw around in her drink.

"Lacy's back"

Rosy's mouth slightly fell open and she closed it again. a small frown found her forehead. "again?" she asked and Melisa hummed. "again"

"she is consuming him so bad that me and the children don't get his full attention. i get what happened but i just want him back" Melisa continued.

"it's like he is a whole other person. we're like strangers in the same house. the whole thing with her has him in a daze , it's hurting me" Melisa spoke , a single tear escaping her eye.

the woman lifted her hand up and wiped the stray tear. "does Xavi knows this?" his mother softly asked and Melisa shook her head.

"i don't think he does. if he did , he would put Pedri out of the squad , no matter how good of a player he is" Melisa spoke and Rosy hummed.

"so , Xavi doesn't know about the previous times?" Rosy asked. "nope. nobody does" Melisa softly said.

Rosy sighed and put her hand ontop of Melisa's. "this whole thing will blow over. trust me , mi amor. you two will be happy in no time soon enough,"

Melisa nodded her head at Rosy's words , though she knew it wasn't true. they both knew it wasn't true.

Lacy was there to stay and she most likely always will be and there was nothing they could do about it.

—————