➝ 007.

Pedri slung his bag over his shoulder as he tightly held onto his suitcase. he trailed it behind him as he walked closer to the entrance of the hotel.

the flight was exhausting , to say the least. the other players were all walking into the hotel one by one as the heat of Dallas hit them like a truck.

Pedri could see the tiredness form on their faces. he related to them. he could use a nap right now.

Melisa had texted him to let him know that the children and her were going to fly out tonight to support him.

Pedri stood in the lobby with his other teammates while Xavi was talking to some of the other coaching staff.

like usual , he gave then a pep talk like he usually does. everyone just nodded their heads and made sounds of approval.

they just wanted to get it over and done with and catch some sleep.

"you're dismissed" Xavi spoke. the sighs of relief from the players could be heard , Pedri being one of them.

"Pedri"

he turned around to see Xavi motioning him over. he mentally sighed but walked over to his coach nonetheless. the Spaniard analyzed the player.

"how are you feeling?" he asked. Pedri nodded his head. "good" he replied.

"remember what i said the other day?" Xavi said and Pedri nodded his head. "i'll play good , i promise"

Xavi looked at him for another second before he slightly tapped Pedri's shoulderblade. "good , because i don't like it when promises gets broken"

Pedri shook his head. "i won't break it , Xavi" he said. Xavi nodded his head and Pedri turned around and walked towards his hotel room.

the hallway , which had a modern type of design, was silent , meaning that everyone had probably passed out.

the Spaniard looked down at his keycard. he then searched for his room number and scanned the keycard once he found it.

he opened the door and flicked the lights on , being very relieved upon seeing the huge bed. he checked the time and put his suitcases in the corner of the room.

he was debating on ordering something to eat , but his eyelids felt heavy.

Pedri took off his clothes and got into more comfortable clothes , that consisted of a black tee and some sweatpants.

he plopped on the bed , feeling his eyes droop close and before he knew it , he passed out 

Pedri walked into the house of Lacy. he had an excited smile on his face.

he had been busy training all day and he was going to see her. he walked and peeked in the kitchen. she wasn't there.

he then went to the living room where he heard the television play. he internally smiled as he neared it , seeing her sitting on the couch , wrapped in her pink blanket.

his smile faded slowly but surely when he saw her sniffle. in a hurry , the 18 year old rushed over to her.

"Lace? what's wrong?" he asked. he saw her jump a little from the loudness of his voice. she turned to him , her eyes bloodshot red and her cheeks stained with tears.