➝ 006.

Pedri hadn't seen Lacy in over a week. he had sent multiple messages and even called her but she didn't answer or pick up.

that was messing with his head.

he didn't play good. his head wasn't in the game and he could barely focus in training anymore. he found himself slacking while kicking the ball to his teammates and it felt as if his energy levels were low.

he was fucking up as a footballer and that was exactly what was happening now.

after almost 5 hours of training , Xavi called them all in and gave them a pep talk. Pedri let out a sigh of relief once the training was over.

he was about to walk away when the coach's voice snapped him out of his trance. "Pedri" he looked over and saw Xavi motioning him over.

the Spaniard knew he was in for a talk. he quickly walked over to Xavi. "you've been distracted" he started. Pedri nodded his head.

"i know"

"care to tell me what's bothering you?" the coach asked.

Pedri licked his lower lip. "it's nothing" he diverted his eyes away from the coach , guilt washing over him.

Xavi hummed. "i know it's not nothing. this upcoming game this weekend is very crucial for us and you're one of our star players. we depend on you to win this game for us , okay?"

Pedri nodded his head slowly. "i know" he confirmed. Xavi tapped him on the back. "good. cause if you aren't then i might have to bench you for two games" Xavi spoke.

Pedri's face paled and he cleared his throat. most of his teammates were already inside , showering and freshening up.

it was quiet around them.

Xavi saw him overthinking and he sighed. he knew Pedri was struggling with something. he knew this game will either go good or go bad.

"see you tomorrow" Xavi said and Pedri nodded his head before he walked around his coach and walked towards the locker rooms.

he ran his hand through his hair and pushed the door open with his free one. Pablo slung his bag over his shoulder as Pedri walked through.

"any plans for tonight?" his best friend asked. Pedri shook his head as he swung his locker open. he took all his necessities in his hands.

"no , not really. i think i'll just stay in with the kids" he spoke and Pablo nodded his head before he gave him a fist bump and walk out if the locker rooms.

Pedri stepped into the shower and put his clean clothes in a secluded area.

he rubbed the bodywash over his body and his hair , letting the sweat from the excessive training leave his body.

a million little things were going to Pedri's brain. he used to overthink about the smallest things.

this didn't help with his football career.

often nights when he played bad , he would rewatch the highlights over and over and obsess over it.

he would pick out all the little mistakes he made throughout the match.

it would fuck with his mind.

Pedri realised he was a little too long in the shower and rinsed his body from all the soap that was previously covering his body.

he took the towel and wrapped it around his lower body before throwing a small one around his shoulders.

he dried himself and his hair before putting on the fresh clothes that he had brought with him.

he sprayed a whiff of his cologne on before he grabbed his bag and walk out of the locker rooms.

he passed some of the other boys and greeted them as he walked passed.

it was getting a bit dark outside so he was racing to get home to his children.

he sat in the driver's seat of his car a d plugged his phone in so it can charge before he reversed out of the almost empty parking lot.

Pedri got some little cake pops for Theo and Cia on the way home and carefully put them on the passenger seat.

he looked at the blue and black butterfly sticker that was stuck to his dashboard and instantly he thought of Lacy.

he smiled to himself.

the mere though of her made him giddy inside.

he truly love her.

he finally arrived home and took his bag and the things he got for his children before shutting the door.

he walked up to the house and entered it. "Pedri , is that you?" he heard the voice of his wife.

he walked into the living room to not only see Melisa , but also another man he knew by the name of Samuel standing there.

Samuel was childhood friends with Melisa and they grew up together. although he didn't mind Samuel coming to visit Melisa , Pedri was still curious as to why he was here.

"Sam , how are you?" he asked and they dabbed each other up. "as good as it gets" the brown haired man spoke.

"i just came to check up on Melisa and the kids. it's been a while since i came to visit" Samuel explained.

Pedri licked his dried lips and nodded his head. "it's good to see you again" the Spaniard spoke. Samuel nodded his head before he hugged Melisa once again.

"i'll be on my way. see you guys" Samuel spoke and they bid him goodbye as he made his way outside towards his car.

Pedri carefully put his stuff down. "where's the children?" he asked his wife. Melisa ran her hand through her dark hair.

"sleeping" she spoke curtly. he nodded his head. "then i'm off to bed too. goodnight" he spoke and walked upstairs to their room.

the tension was thick with unspoken feelings but Melisa wasn't going to push it.

Pedri walked into their bedroom and he put some more comfortable clothes on.

his eyes fell on a brown book that was laying in his cabinet. he frowned.

he locked it in there for a reason.

he knew Melisa had been in there.

just then , his wife walked through the door. he immediately turned to her.

"did you open this?" he asked , his eyes darkening. Melisa opened her mouth and then closed it.

"i'm sorry" she started. Pedri took a breath before running hand through his hair. he closed the cabinet and locked it.

Melisa licked over her sudden dry lips. "i think you should read it"

Pedri scoffed. "no" he simply spoke. he then went to the bed and got into his side of the bed.

Melisa watched as he distanced himself from her day by day.

little by little.

and she blamed no one other than Lacy Hernandez.

—————