➝ 008.

Pedri ran his hand through his dark hiar as he was busy getting ready for the game. Xavi had already given his team a pep talk and they were pretty confident on winning this game.

Pedri caught a bottle of water that Fermin threw his way. he mumbled a quick thank you , opened the cap and took a sip.

the spaniard was on edge the whole night. after that dream or maybe flashback he had of him and Lacy , he had been more fidgety than usual.

he hadn't heard from her in a while and he grew worried. he also had his work and children to worry about so he barely had time to reach out to her.

Lamine caught Pedri's attention. "you alright?" the boy asked. Pedri nodded his head and ran his hand through his hair once again. "i'm fine" he answered.

a head popped in through the doors of the locker room. "Pedri" the guy started. "there's people here to see you" he spoke.

Pedri immediately though of his children and wife , seeing as Melisa had told him that she and the kids had arrived for the game.

Pedri nodded his head and walked towards the door. he walked out to see two familiar faces he hadn't seen in a long time.

"Pedri" the woman said with a smile. she hadn't aged a day. her hair was still shinier than always and her eyes were still bluer than ever.

"Aurelia? Alessio?" Pedro asked as he looked at his second parents. a huge smile immediately broke out onto his lips as he neared them and pulled Aurelia into a hug.

he took in her motherly scent and was reminded of his own mother. Aurelia wasted no time in hugging him back.

next was Alessio. the man didn't seem to age , aswell as his wife. his hair had silver streaks in them but he still had that fatherly smile on his lips.

Pedri hugged Alessio.

he hadn't seen them in a long time.

"we heard you were playing today so we thought why not come support you" Aurelia spoke. although they had been living in Dallas for quite some time , her spanish accent was still strong.

"thank you guys for coming" Pedri spoke. he could feel his nose burning. "it means so much to me" he spoke and let out a sigh.

"of course. you're our son" Alessio spoke and patted Pedri on the back. "we're so proud of everything you have accomplished" Aurelia spoke , her blue eyes warm and kind.

"we always knew you were going to make it big" Alessio said with a kind smile.

suddenly , Pedri felt like a 6 year old again. he was small, young and running around the garden , chasing butterflies with Lacy.

he wished he could turn back time and just be that young again.

"well , we're going to our seats. we hope to see your little ones one day" Aurelia spoke and Pedri smiled and nodded his head.

"you will , don't worry" Pedri spoke. the two waved him goodbye and he nodded his head with a smile. Pedri leaned his back against the wall and ran his hand through his hair for the umpteenth time.

he truly had missed them.

"Pedri , game's about to start" Pablo spoke as he popped his head out of the locker room. Pedri nodded his head.

Pedri had felt like a mess before the game started , but as he's standing in line , ready for the line up , he felt at ease.

almost like seeing Aurelia and Alessio was exactly what he needed.