ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞: 𝔾𝕣𝕒𝕪

The room was quiet

The room was quiet.

Nobody talked, only staring at the single word on the screen.

'MATCH'

Amadeo stood right besides me, fists clenching by his side.
I could hear his ragged breathing.

"Where is she?" he asked.
His eyes moved to my face.

I sat down on the first chair I saw.
Taking a deep breath, I answered. "She's been arrested, at the other side of New York." I massaged my temples, knowing what will come.

"What?" Rivo exclaimed, "She was here, in New York, this entire time?"

I sighed deeply. "Yeah."

"Only technically." Snato said, gently.
I looked towards him, surprised.

"I mean, it's a huge state. There was no way for us to know."
He took off his hoodie's hat, looking at us in the eyes as if trying to make sure no one is blaming himself right now.

My head snapped to Riccardo, who was chuckling to himself.
"There was no way for us to know? God." he shook his head, crouching down the wall.

"My sister was under my nose this whole time, and yet," he put his head in his hands. "I couldn't find her."

Amadeo slowly made his way towards our younger brother, and gently pushed away Riccardo's hands from the death grip they had on his hair.

"Stop doing that to yourself, Ricc." he whispered, and we all knew he wasn't referring to the hair pulling. "Don't blame yourself--"

"I'm not doing that conversation with you again." Riccardo muttered angrily.

I tore my eyes away from them.

Rivo was pacing back and forth, trying to wrap his head around everything.

Santo was sitting, looking at Riccardo silently.

"Would you like to see her mugshot?"

Immediately, five heads snapped to Roman.

"What?" Amadeo furrowed his eyebrows, turning to face Roman.
He was sitting by the main computer, looking at us with a confused face.
"You surely didn't think that there was no mug shot, right?" he asked.

I could smack his fucking head down a table right now.

I was raging.
"Why didn't you tell me that from the fucking start?"