ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛: 𝔻𝕖𝕖𝕣

I don't have a phone

Never had, actually.

I didn't have anyone to call, and besides, who can afford one when you can barely pay your disgusting apartment's rent?

I know how to use one, it's not like I'm a complete cave woman.

I've just never had one of my own.

A watch, now that's something I had.
I used to have this gigantic man's watch that I stole, but when I got arrested they confiscated everything I owned.
Luckily, it was the only thing I had.

But right now, I wish I could go back and force them to give it back to me.

I woke up a few minutes ago, and I have no idea what time is it.
It's pitch black outside, so I can only assume it's the middle of the night.

Groaning, I decided to leave my bed.
My throat is dry, and maybe a walk to the kitchen would tire me out.

Opening my door as quiet as I can, I began to walk silently towards the stairs.

Walking silently is an ability you must have if you grow up at an orphanage.
I used to share a room with dozens of kids, Ares and Theo included.

Yeah, no boys-girls separation.
It caused a lot of uncomfortable situations, but they didn't care enough.

So, dozens of kids, all staying in one room?
One has to be a rat.

If you're sneaking out and someone snitches on you... Oh, man.

I was caught once when I was eleven, and my right shoulder is still in an awkward position from their punishment.
I had to make sure there wouldn't be a second time.

When Amadeo led me to dinner tonight, I made sure to step on each stair as hard as I could.
If I'm going to live in this house, I need to know about every squeaky stair.

Luckily, there were none.

I made my way to the kitchen in the dark, trying not to crash into anything.
This house is huge.

I think they have several kitchens, and the one I'm heading to is where they make food for themselves.

Eye roll.

The house was eerily quiet, so when something brushed against my leg, I had to cover my mouth in order to muffle my scream.

Oh my God.
What was that?

I looked down in a rush, taking a few steps back into the kitchen.

Holy shit, it's a dog.
A big, multi-colored husky. And it was staring right at me.

Why nobody told me there's a dog?
What if I was really allergic?
I'm not, but still.

"Hello." I whispered, crouching down.
It's too dark to see what colors the fur is, but goddammit, this dog is beautiful.