ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡: 𝔹𝕦𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕤

They led me out of the precinct

On our way, I made sure to give everyone who wronged me the finger.

Surprisingly, no one retaliated.
Maybe it had something to do with the glares my brothers sent towards everyone who even glanced at my direction.

Great, I scored myself some bodyguards.

When we stepped outside, I squinted my eyes and hissed.
The sun was up, burning my eyes and my entire body.

"You good?" Amadeo placed a hand on my shoulder, slightly cocking his head.

I blinked a few more times before nodding.
"I feel like a fucking vampire."

He just smiled, looking at me weirdly.

"What?"

"Nothing." he quickly shook his head and looked at me for a few more moments. "It's insane." he said. "Having you here, I mean."

I swallowed, looking everywhere but him.

"Are you guys coming?" Alessandro yelled from a few feet away, and this time I was actually thankful for his presence.

No offense, yeah?

I glanced carefully at Amadeo before walking away.

It's so hard to distance myself when they're acting like they actually want me to be around.

When I reached him, I noticed three black cars ahead of us.

"Everyone gets their own car?" I joked, but was actually confused.

I could see that two of the cars were full, men and women were sitting in black behind the dark windows.
The car in the middle had only a driver, and he was already waiting for us by the door.

"It's mainly for security." Alessandro smiled down at me, and I did a double take.

"Shit, i forgot. Can't get kidnapped twice, right?" I chuckled, but stopped when I heard no laughs from them.
Too soon, I guess.

"Let's get in, shall we?" Alessandro asked, quick to change the subject.
The driver immediately opened the passenger door for him, and then the back one for us.

I mumbled a thank you before entering, Amadeo following behind.

°°°