Part 60

"Oh god!" Someone in the garage gasped.
"Who was that?" Another one asked as they looked at the TV tensely.
"I don't know, a McLaren for sure tho." Someone from the back shouted over and my head switches between the people talking, when we heard the commentator say Landos name.
"If seems to be Lando. I hope he's ok."

I jog out of the Ferrari garage and cross half of the paddock before getting to the McLaren garage.
"You can't be here."
"I have to get to Lando! Where is he at right now?"
"We can't tell you. You're from another team."
"I am someone's girlfriend and someone's best friend! If that said best friend gets hurt or whatever else, I am going to be there just like how I would be there when my boyfriend gets hurt. So now tell me, where is my best friend? Where is Lando Norris?" I try to handle my anger right now but it just comes all out of me without even thinking I said all that and the McLaren employee stands there not moving, not saying anything.
"Can I come in now?" I ask again and he just motions to where a group of people is standing.

I walk over and am greeted with people telling me that I am not supposed to be here.
"Look, I know you all know me from Charles and with that Ferrari but I couldn't care less, in what garage I am in right now! I couldn't care less who is telling me that I shouldn't be here and I definitely do not care what is in my way, because I will get to Lando. I will get to him by doing whatever! I just want to get to my best friend who had just crashed and I don't know how he's doing or what happened but what I know is that if anyone of you tells me that I am not supposed to be here once again, I am going to do something none of us want, so please tell me where Lando is." I look from one pair of eyes to another and listen to what is said by the commentators who are not saying anything productive.
"It's ok, I am here." I turn around fast and run over to him. I put my arms around his neck and he pulls me close.
"Are you ok?" I whisper and he hums a yes.

He gets checked out and I stay by his side the whole time. We talk about every possible thing and get side eyed by the medical team from time to time.
We giggle stupidly the whole time and he gets told he is ok, after thirty minutes of checking.

We go to his box and watch the rest of quali in there which was only Q3 because Q2 had just finished. It normally would have been finished already but delayed after Lando's crash.
"Your boyfriend is good, what did you do to make him be this good?"
"I gave him some drugs."
"Oh, I want a bit of those as well, maybe with them I don't crash." He turns his head to me and gives me a look.
"I don't know if Charles would like it if I would make out with you."
"What do you mean, where is the problem?" He grins at me and I shove his face away laughing.

~

My phone rings for the third time now and still we haven't found it in here.
"Lando, are you sure it's not under there?" I point at some pillows and he throws them over to me to look unter it. "No" I get as an answer and collapse onto the bed.
"Howw?" I whine loudly and let my hands fall to the sides of my body. My hands touch only the fabric of the sheets but my fingertips of my left hand touch something harder. I lift my head up, as the phone rings again and I look down to my hand and see my phone laying there directly on the bed.

"Hello?" I finally answer the phone and am greeted with Charles' voice.
"Is everything ok? Where are you?"
I tell him everything and he tells me that he has to got to interviews and that he will call me again after, to meet up and drive back.

Lando goes to some interviews as well and I make my way back to the Ferrari garage and lay down onto Charles' bed.