7. Unexpected Visit

Idea came from MAPC66.
Thank you very much!

Astrid and Hiccup were a couple now. Mara didn't even notice that anything had changed. The rest of the gang, neither.
Hiccup still can't believe Astrid replies his feelings for her.

"Dad? Can we go to the forest? You promised it yesterday. Please?" Mara asked her Dad when she, Astrid, and Hiccup were at Astrid's.
Hiccup looked at his girlfriend. She nodded.
"Sure. Do you mean right now?"
"Can we?"
"Of course!" Mara jumped off Astrid's lap and cheered. Astrid and Hiccup laughed both. They went out to the forest.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

A familiar rumblehorn landed on the platform in front of the stables. A huge man got off the dragon.
"Okay, Scullcrusher, let's find Hiccup." And he went to the club house.

Ruffnut was searching for Mara. She went to the club house, too.
"Fishlegs? Have you seen-? Oh! Um, he-hell-hello chief. Are you looking for someone, or...?"
"Aye. I'm looking for Hiccup. Have you seen him?"
"No, haven't. Since the breakfast. Maybe he's in Astrid's hut. He's there very often because-" She shut herself in the right moment up.
"Because...? Because of what?" The chief was now really interested.
"Er...Never mind!" And she was gone. Stoick sighed. He decided to go to Hiccup's hut.
"Hiccup? Are you here?" Stoick shouted into Hiccup's hut.
No answer.
The chief went in. On the wall of his son's hut, he saw a little picture which was obviously drawn by a little child.
On the picture was a brown-haired man with a left prothesic leg, and he had green eyes, Hiccup. Beside him was a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. And a little girl between Hiccup and the other girl had brown hair and green eyes. In the background was a forest and a lake. The same forest and the same lake like the at the other side of the Edge.
"Maybe are these girls his fans at Berk." He said his thoughts.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Astrid and Hiccup were sitting in grass, hugging, while Mara was playing with flowers. The young adults were smiling at the little girl. Suddenly, Mara went deeper and deeper into the forest, following a butterfly.
Astrid noticed it and stood up.
"Mara! Come back!" And she ran after her. Hiccup was behind her. Astrid caught her daughter.
"You shouldn't just go so deep into the forest without telling us." She said while she and Hiccup knelt down to their girl.
"Sorry, Mom. I just wanted to catch the butterfly. I really didn't want to go so deep. I'm sorry." Astrid just couldn't be longer mad at her.
"Mom? Can we play catch?"

Mara's POV:

I asked her.
"I don't know. What do you think about it?" She asked Dad.
"Sure. But, Mara, not too deep." I just nodded and laughed. Mom and Dad laughed, too, and Mom picked me up. She kissed my cheek. I giggled because it tickled.

The game we always play is a mixture of hide and seek and catch. The person who is on it is allowed to run after the others directly. The people who have to flee have to hide and are allowed to change their hideout during the game. If one of those people is caught by the one, it is on it.

We began to play, and I was hidden in leaves.

Stoick's POV:

I went to the forest. Scullcrusher stayed at the club house, sleeping. I hoped I'd see Hiccup. I've really missed him. I would do anything to see him again. I bet he's an adult now.

I must have been so much in my thoughts that I suddenly realized that a little girl ran into me. She stopped laughing.
"Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to."
"It's alright, girl. What's your name?"
"Mara." She said.
"And your last name?" She looked at me confused.
"I don't have any." Now I was confused.
"How can it be? Everyone has a last name." She smiled at me. She was really cute.
"My Mom and Dad have two different last names, and they said that I'm allowed to choose one or both. But I have chosen to decide it when I'm older and for now I don't have any." I just looked at her with an open mouth, didn't know what to say.
"How old are you?" I asked.
"I'm four years old, soon turning five." I just couldn't believe. She's only four and yet so smart.
"Who are your parents, sweetie?"
"My Mom is Astrid Hofferson, and my Dad is Hiccup Haddock." WHAT?! My son?! Made a CHILD?! This little girl is my GRANDCHILD?!

Mara's POV:

When I said that, the man became angry.
"Where are they?" He asked roughly. I got scared. His voice wasn't soft anymore.
"Mom and Dad are somewhere here. We were playing catch."

Stoick's POV:

I just had to smile. She was really sweet. But I was still mad at Hiccup and Astrid.
"Can you take me to them?" Mara nodded. She took my hand and led me to Hiccup and Astrid who were obviously searching for Mara. They looked in our direction.
"Mara!" Both called. Mara ran in front of me, directly into Hiccup and Astrid's hug.
"We said 'not to deep'! Sweetie, you scared us." Astrid said with concern. I could see a little tears in her eyes. Was it possible? Hiccup hugged them both. He didn't even notice me. But then he turned around and I looked him in the eyes.
The only thing I wanted was just to hug him and never let go.
But I couldn't. I was still mad at him.

"D-dad? W-what are you doing here?" He was really surprised.
"Am I not anymore allowed to visit my son?" I asked him angrily.
"No! No, Dad, I didn't mean it like that." I was about to scream but he stopped me.
"Dad, can we talk about this at the Edge?" I nodded in anger.

~at the Dragon's Edge~

Hiccup's POV:

Astrid, Mara, Dad and I went into my hut. Dad was really angry. I could see it.
Astrid was really scared. So was Mara. And so was I.
"Mara, please, go to Mom's hut." I said, didn't want to hurt her.
"But, Dad-"
"Mara! Go!" I couldn't believe I just yelled at her. I'm going to apologize when our conversation is over.

Mara ran out.
I looked after her but then I turned to my Dad.

"How dare you make such a mistake?!"
"She isn't a mistake! And we never did the thing." Dad looked still angry and confused. Astrid took my hand and squeezed it.
"I found her in a stranded ship, crying and screaming. I couldn't just leave her alone like that. And as I came to the Edge, Hiccup and I decided to be her parents. The others weren't against her to stay. And..." Dad looked at us.
"And...?" He asked skeptically.
"And we, no, I was afraid of your reaction." I said quietly. My Dad just made an angry noise and said:
"We'll talk about it later."
He sat on the chair and thought about it.

Third person's POV:

In that moment, no one knew that Mara was in front of the hut and had heard everything...