9. My family

Hiccup's POV:

Astrid has been gone for two days. I was so worried. Mara, too.

The next morning, I got a terror mail.

Dear Hiccup,
Your beloved Astrid is with me. If you want to see her again, you'll have to give me all your dragon eye lenses. I think you're smart enough to know what would happen if you don't.
Viggo

I was so angry! I was so angry that I started to cry.
"Dad?" Mara came downstairs. I saw her in the eyes. She was worried. I gestured with my hand that she could sit on my lap.
"Dad? Why are you crying?" I just looked at her and kissed her forhead.
"I have to find your Mom. Now."

Mara's POV:

"I have to find your Mom. Now." Dad said. He stopped crying, grabbed one bag and went outside with me in his arms. He was searching for Grandpa.
"Dad?" He said to Grandpa.
"Hiccup? What's wrong, son?"
"Viggo got Astrid. I have to go. Can you please look after her?" Grandpa nodded. He took me in his arms.
"But Hiccup! You can't go alone!"
"Dad, I have to go! Or Viggo will kill Astrid!" My eyes widened. This bad man is going to kill Mom?! Dad hugged me when he noticed that I was crying. He kissed my forhead.
"Don't worry, sweetie." Dad whispered.

Hiccup's POV:

"Don't worry, sweetie." I whispered. "Mom and I will come back soon. Just stay with Grandpa and everything will be fine. Ok?" Mara nodded. We hugged one last time. Then I got up on Toothless and we flew away.

We flew fast. Really fast. I was so scared. Viggo almost got Astrid killed. Many times. But I'm not going to allow that he hurts my family every again.