8. Love...?

Astrid and Hiccup went to Astrid's, and they heard their girl crying. She was lying on Astrid's bed. She whimpered.
Hiccup knelt down beside the bed. He petted her head.
"Sweetie, what's wrong? Is it because I yelled at you?" Hiccup asked carefully.
"No! It's because you lied to me! Both of you!" Mara cried out. Astrid sat beside Mara and tried to calm her down.
"What did we do?" She asked. It breaks her heart to see her daughter like that. And Hiccup's, too.
"I thought you were my parents!" Mara began to cry more.
"It still doesn't change the fact that we love you. You are our daughter. Biological or not. We still love you. And we always will. Really, you're the best thing ever happened to us." Astrid finished, and Mara jumped right into her arms. Astrid also cried.
"I love you, too." Hiccup stood next to them.
Slowly, he hugged his girls.
"Why didn't you tell me that?" Mara asked.
"Because we knew you would react like this. And we hate to see you cry." He explained.
"We wanted to tell you that when you were older. But now you know it." Astrid said.

Astrid's POV:

A few months later, we decided to go back to Berk. Mara was excited to see her Grandpa again. She kind of likes Stoick. And he likes her too. She became a grandchild for the chief.
He isn't angry anymore. We just had to promise that we are not going to be so long away from Berk ever again. And there are also some other news. Like Hiccup and me got betrothal...

Yes, we really are! But Stoick comes up with the wedding and marriage. It's annoying!
But he doesn't know that Hiccup and I are planning to get married, soon.

Hiccup's POV:

We came at Berk.
"Dad? Are you here?" I shouted into Dad's house.
"Aye, Hiccup!" He went to me and hugged me.
"Oww, my ribs." Mara giggled.
"Grandpa!" He hugged her and threw he in the air. She giggled and laughed the whole time. Astrid and I stood beside, watching them. We hugged each other.

~later that evening~

Astrid and Mara will stay at our house until we get our own house. We had dinner right now and Astrid and I decided to tell Dad about the marriage plans.
"Dad, Astrid and I have something to tell you." Astrid nodded. We made sure they were listening and we went on. Together, we said happily.
"We are going to marry!" Dad was almost about to spit his meal out. Mara stood up and walked to Astrid, wanting to hug her. Dad also stood up. He hugged me, again.

The next morning, everyone knew about our daughter and our marriage plans. Dad obviously couldn't stop himself.

Astrid flew back to Dragon's Edge. Mara has forgotten her stuffed Stormfly. Astrid made that for her. Mara always falls faster asleep when the toy is with her.

Thrid person's POV:

Astrid came in her hut. She searched for the toy. She searched everywhere and found it on her desk. Astrid was about to go out of the hut when she heard a familiar voice.
"Hello, dear Astrid. I was expecting you."
"Viggo. What do you want?"
"Oh, only you, my dear." Viggo snapped with his fingers, and immediately, some dragon hunters captured Astrid.
"Ugh! Let me go!"
"I don't think so."

It's been two days since Astrid flew to the Dragon's Edge. Hiccup was worried.
"Dad, what's wrong? Where's Mom?" Mara asked her Dad. Hiccup looked at her and lifted her up.
"I don't know, sweetheart. She should be back by now." Mara hugged her Dad.