11. Mom!

Hiccup's POV:

Astrid and I headed back to Berk. It was morning. We stayed at Astrid's for this night because it was evening when Viggo let us go. I was so happy to have Astrid back. During the whole flight, I smiled at her.

~Flashback~

'Astrid was sitting in her bed with our sleeping daughter in her lap.
"May I ask you something?" I asked.
"Sure."
"Why do you have a sketch of a defend system? Is everything okay?"
"Err...yes, Hiccup, everything's fine. It was just a thought that Viggo is still out there and wants revenge because of the buffalord. He knows where the Dragon's Edge is, and he could attack any time. I'm just worried. I want to protect her. To protect both of you."

I sat on her bed next to her, my left hand on her shoulder.
"Astrid, I understand why you are worried. Believe me, I was thinking about Viggo, too, a few days ago. But he didn't attack us for four years. So, why would he do it now suddenly? You know what I mean?" She nodded and put her head on my chest.'

~Flashback ends~

She was right. Viggo was going to attack us. He really wanted revenge. And the fact that Viggo has the lenses made me really worried. But otherwise, he would kill Astrid. My Astrid. I don't know what I'd do without her. What would Mara do without her? She made a bond with Astrid through the years. I'll do anything to keep my family safe.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice we were about to land on Berk. We landed and a little girl ran towards us.

Astrid's POV:

"Mom! Dad! You're here! You're finally here!" Mara ran towards us. Hiccup and I just landed. I opened my arms to catch my little girl when she jumped into a big hug. I hugged her like I'm never going to let her go again. She was my daughter. Mine and Hiccup's. Our little girl. Hiccup put his right hand on my back and his left hand on her head. He petted my back and her head, kissing me on the lips.
"I've missed you, Mom!" Mara whispered and hugged me tighter.
"I've missed you, too, sweetheart. I've missed both of you so much." I said, kissing her forhead.

~three months later~

Hiccup and I were now for two months married. We were so happy. But there was only one thing Hiccup and Mara didn't know about. I was three months pregnant. I'm too scared to tell them that. And Hiccup didn't have time the last two months. After our wedding, he became the chief of Berk. Stoick was there to show him how to do something. And Mara and I supported him everywhere we could.

Author's POV:

Astrid wanted to tell her husband about the baby she's carrying, but then something awful happened...