Saying Goodbyes! Evil's Reign Increases!

Two days had passed since Spider-Man had defeated both Blaze and Core. Though he had to admit, he was lucky that both villains were focused on two different goals. Otherwise, it'd be a much more difficult battle for him. Will had spent a day to just rest and think. A small part of him felt a little guilty that he didn't let that Sziquitz scientist guy out to get him some medical help just in case. Or at least just out of the lab. But another part of him was glad that he didn't. After what he heard about what he did to Aaron, turning him into Core, he figured he should live with the consequences of his actions. The guilt he would feel for creating a monster from a....well, a man he fought, but he seemed to be a good man for the most part. Just someone following orders when given them. He had talked to Peter about his guilt in not saving the scientist, and he understood. But told Will he did a thing in at least saving him from Core. What Will did may have been petty, but it was understandable why he did it. At least from that perspective. So Will felt a little better about it.

Meanwhile, that same day Will was resting, Gwen spent the day with her mom. They did some simpler things like walk through Central Park, and go out for some meals, but they clearly enjoyed each other's company. Gwen told her mom about how she was one of the smartest students in her school, and how she had taken a curious interest in her classmate and friend, Will. Though Gwendolyn knew exactly what that meant, she didn't say it, not wanting to embarrass her daughter too much. At least not right now. The blonde woman then told her teenage daughter about her exploits as of late. How she was fighting Fisk from underground, and taking out some of his smaller operations to acquire weapons. Though the wall crawler was doing that and taking down the larger ones as well from what she saw. For the two of them, it was obvious that they both needed it. A chance to spend time together as mother and daughter, the two beginning to build a better relationship with one another.

The next day, Will and Gwen met the blonde superheroine on a nearby rooftop, knowing that today she had to head off once again. Though this time, Gwen wasn't angry about it. In fact, she was rather proud of her mom for what she was going to do. "Well.....sorry to come and go yet again, but duty calls. You know how it is." The blonde joked casually as her husband watched on.

Mr. Stacy took his wife's hands gently, slightly squeezing them in his own to show his concern. "Just..... make sure to let me know if you ever need my help with anything." He told her with a determined expression on her face.

The blonde couldn't help but giggle at her husband's overreacting. "You act as if I'm this frail little girl that can't take care of herself when you take my hands like this." She said gently before taking what he said more seriously. "But if course I promise you that. If it makes you feel better." She assured him, soon hugging her close. "While you just.....make sure that you keep a close eye on our daughter......our family." She added on.

When Jonathan walked off, Gwen was up next to hug her mom. "I'm sorry that we got off on the wrong foot the last couple of weeks.......but I'm glad that we at least resolved this with ease." Gwen told her while hugging her slightly tighter. "Just remember to try and call us a little more often to catch up. Maybe visit a little more as well." She said sounding a little more serious about this.

The blonde woman smiled as she held her daughter in his arms. The joy she felt for being this close to her daughter on an emotional level, was beyond amazing to her. "I will. I promise. If you ever need my advice on anything, I got my number on your phone set as an emergency contact." She explained to Gwen while the two hugged.

Meanwhile, the curly haired boy watched the two hug one another and smiled a slightly sad smile. This could've been him with his father if he wasn't so stupid back then. But he had to embrace that what happened was meant to happen. He then saw Gwen head off down the stairs, while Gwendolyn stayed behind. "So.... you and I... we're-"

"Kid, trust me. She doesn't know your secret. She knows mine." She explained to the curly haired boy soon ruffling his hair. "I just wanted to thank you." She started off, seeing the confused expression all along his face. "If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be as close to my daughter as I am now. But......I also want to thank you for doing what you are now. Taking over as Spider-Man. You're an amazing one.....just don't ever give up and do what you're doing times ten." She then said to him as she rubbed his head. "Meanwhile, I will never tell her your secret. It stays with me." She then promised him with a genuine happy smile.

The curly haired boy smiled at the older woman. Today, the words she had said to him meant far more than she'd ever know. To know that he was doing this well that she was noticing was a big compliment to him. "Then.....what exactly is your plan?" He asked her with intrigue.

The blonde woman took a deep breath. "Well, now that we got ourselves a Spider-Man out in the field saving people and fighting criminals and villains alike, I'm gonna do my part to stop them from any underground forces. At least delay them a bit so you can get time to just hang out." She answered honestly while putting one of her hands on her hips. "I won't interfere too much, just on occasion when I feel you'll need the help." She then teased Will while heading toward the ledge of the building and waving everyone a goodbye. For now at least. With that, and her suit and mask on, she swung off into the distance, with Will watching on, a big smile on his goofy face. A smile that showed he was even more determined to fight the good fight.

Meanwhile, Wilson and Richard Fisk had heard on the news about how both villains were defeated by Spider-Man, with Richard getting increasingly angier about their endless defeats. Yet his father wasn't as upset. These guys are annoying, and he was still being so nonchalant about this.

Wilson seemed to notice this and smiled at his son. "I know how frustrated you are about this.....but now we are another step closer to destroying him......I have several more ideas on completing this task......but I need your full support for this..," Fisk explained in a gentle tone.

The son of the mayor had to think about this however. Not because he didn't trust his father, but because of how dangerous this Spider-Man is proving to be. He was slowly proving to be a one man army. But he was still only a man after all. So with a little hesitation, the young man nodded his head, agreeing with his decision.

The mayor smiled at his son, folding his hands together and smirked. His mind circling around to decide what he would do first. This Spider-Man wants to continue this war? Then it was a war he'd get.

(Editor's note: yes it's another short chapter, but I had to get something out to conclude this little arc. Hope you're enjoying so far! :3)