A Chilling Introduction!

Flashback: January 4th, two days before Soundwave attacked Fisk's lab.

A man walks down the street with very thin clothing in the snow. As he was walking, he saw that many people walked by staring at him in disbelief as they watched on. He could hear the murmuring around him about how this man wasn't freezing to death despite the much colder temperatures they were enduring. Did he just not feel bothered by it? Was he naturally warm? Some people felt his skin and it was as cold as ice. So how did he do it? Was he just numb to the cold? Was he not bothered by it? If he was being honest, yes and no was the answer he could give. 

His name was Simon Pollowell, and his genetic structure was far different from any other normal person's. No he wasn't a mutant. Instead, he was born with an unusual condition which caused his body temperature to be colder than anyone else's and survive. However, that came a t a terrible price. He could never be in intense heat, at least not without something cold to help him survive. Thankfully for him, he was able to work two jobs which were able to compensate for his condition. One job he worked was at an ice cream making factory, where he worked in the freezer organizing and handing out the ice cream for surprisingly decent pay, and a scientist working on criostasis theory, being the best in his own field. Thankfully, the jobs were enough for him to be able to pay for his apartment, and have plenty to spend for himself. It especially was easy to save up since he didn't use the heat in his place, keeping the temperature very low.

As he was walking through New York, seeing some Fisk's Fists attacking an innocent bystander for a crime he hadn't committed. Perhaps he was framed for it, or else had connection but wasn't actually involved. He wanted to go and help the poor man, but saw they had dangerous weapons. However, he saw Spider-Man swing down and web some of the soldiers away, amazed by his abilities. "Sorry, we don't like seeing people getting tackled like that. Tends to scare tourists." He would quip while tossing another soldier into a group of them. The soldiers had their weapons aimed directly at the web head, but his agility made it far more difficult to get hit. However, he was able to hit them, thanks to, of course, his spider sense giving him an edge on how to accurately aim his attacks against most of his foes. Even if they had surrounded him, the web slinger was able to fight them off very calmly.

As he watched the fight ahead of him, Simon was able to get to the man about to get arrested. "It's alright, I've got you. I'll protect you." He assured him gently while carefully walking backwards. He was doing his best to not feel overheated by what he was doing. He was worried that if he overexerted himself, it could be very fatal. But for now, he was able to get the victim to safety. "You're safe now. You alright?" He asked while checking on his injuries. "If you need anything, I can get you some recovery with some ice I have. It can bring down swelling." He added on while checking for his pockets. However, before he could help the man, he ran off to escape as fast as he possibly could.

As he ran, the man was showing how frantic he was. Thankfully, he was able to get far enough away to be away from Fisk's Fists, and slowed down. It took him a few minutes to catch his breath, but he was able to do just that and was about to walk away before hearing his phone ring. Upon checking it, he knew exactly what number it was and was a little afraid. He answered with a shaky voice, but decided to stand up for himself, seeing a new purpose in his life. "I am not interested in the job you offered. I-I know you're paying a lot, but I refuse to let you ruin the city any more than you are trying to! No matter if it's with you, or your partner!" He told the person on the other end before hanging up and heading out to get home.

Meanwhile, Simon was able to see the fight was coming to an end, with Spider-Man coming out victorious. He watched the hero hang up the brutal police force on a light pole and swung off on his own. The scientist watched in awe to see what he was capable of doing. Sure the human race had potential, but Spider-Man? This was amazing in his eyes. As he walked home, Simon was thinking about his personal project in his lab. He decided to check in on the project before going home though. As he went in his lab, he inspected his lab to be sure no one else was trying to talk to him to see his work. When he knew the coast was clear, the man pressed a panel on the wall and a secret area opened up and revealed a hatch. Inside it was a large mechanized suit that had wires on its back and chest. The suit had a label on it which read "Project: Survival." "It's almost finished ....all it needs now is to have a morphing feature. This way I can walk through town no matter the weather and I won't be lugging around heavy metal....." He mumbled to himself while placing his hands on the smooth suit. He soon slowly walked away, with the hatch closing behind him. This was his goal. To be sure he was able to live his life, daily, without worry.

Two days later. Day of the incident.

Simon was working at the lab, studying the different particles in ice to test on himself. Thankfully, he knew that no one was going to disturb him for the day and he was bound to get a lot of work done. Days like this were what made him happy he worked in one of Fisk's labs at times like this. However, as soon as he was finishing up the suits ability to mold into other types of clothing, an alarm went off, warning people that there was something severely dangerous going on in the building, and that they had to leave. As hesitant as he was, the scientist closed the hatch to his suit as fast as he could, and as soon as it closed, he sprinted out of his lab to get to the door.

Not long after he left the lab, Simon was able to see the battle going on in the building. Spider-Man was in the middle of combatting against Soundwave, using his agility to narrowly dodge his sonic blasts. As he watched the battle unfold, he was starting to show intense fear for his life. But he was sure that Spider-Man was going to be able to save him one way or another. However, as he started running to get out as fast as he could, he saw the wall crawler dodge again, and felt the impact of the sound themed villain on his body, crashing into some malfunctioning computers. As he felt the shocks from the computers run through his body, Simon felt himself start to heat up, which hurt even more than earlier. The pain was so unbearable in fact, that he passed out from the pain.

April 21st, months after the accident. Simon screamed in agony, squirming in the hospital bed from his intense burning feeling. Even if he didn't have any true burns, due to the room not accustomed to his body's natural survival for cold, he felt as if his entire body was on fire, while being bitten by fire ants, and touching a hot pillar. Due to his pain he felt, his mind started making him think multiple thoughts all at once. One was that lingered in his mind the absolute most was that no one in the world cared about his condition. Most people were constantly forgetting about his condition, or didn't bother to accommodate for it, leaving him to have to do it himself. It also didn't help that no matter how much he tried to explain it to the doctors or nurses, no one bothered to do anything to lower the temperature for him. He could feel himself becoming weaker and weaker from the agony he was feeling. He constantly felt as if he was going to die any second before seeing a small jug of ice water. As soon as he saw a nurse come in, the man grabbed the jug quickly before tossing the table at him and ran out with the water. With him holding it close to his body, the man was able to jump out of the window and out into the city. He saw the hospital workers try to get him, but he was completely hidden in the large crowd.

As soon as he knew he was safe, Simon took the time to let the ice water cool him down. It wasn't going to last long, but it was just long enough for him to get to the lab he worked at. Thankfully, it was only a block away from where he was, and was able to run as fast as possible. Thankfully for him, the scientist made it to the lab he was employed at and was in much cooler temperatures. He took a deep breath and took in the cool air, slowly walking to his personal lab to get his suit. He had remembered that his suit couldn't shift to be like other clothes, but for his plans, it wasn't going to matter too much. For what he was going to do, he had bigger plans in mind. Once he got in his lab, he opened up the hatch and saw the suit emerge from its hidden compartment. Immediately, he began to tinker with it, willing to spend as much time as necessary to upgrade the system suit he would wear to survive. Now, he wasn't going to upgrade it to be anything he wants to wear.. instead, he was going to keep it looking the way it was, a battlesuit to combat anything that stood in his way. No matter who or what it was. "In a city that never accomodates for me....why should I consider the needs of others?! Though Simon Pollowell died, today, Criosis rises from the ice, and swears to make a world better for the cold." He promises as he stands in his new suit, adjusting to it fully. He sticks his palms out, the palms having something on them to launch ice from them, and begins to freeze the entire lab.  But it didn't stop there. As he continued to freeze the lab, the entire city starts to get covered in ice and freeze entirely despite the spring weather making it warmer. For Criosis, this.... was going to be the start of a perfect, cold world.

(Editor's note: sorry about this taking a while, I started working on some other books for Earth 747, but this one will never be forgotten, and will be finished. Hope you're enjoying so far! :3)