CHAPTER 8

In Dwapar yug,

Soraya woke when she felt the sunlight on her face as she whined and rolled on the the other side wanting the sunlight to fade away.

She felt a hand caressing her head and by the smell she immediately knew it was Nakul.

"Koel, get up. Get freshen up. It is time for breakfast, everyone is waiting for you. Hmm?" Nakul said.

"Let me sleep, I am too tired to care for others. I traveled so much. My back and legs are hurting." Soraya said in a tired voice indicating she was actually really tired.

"Hmm, how about me giving you a nice foot massage?One of the brothers will massage your back? How about that?" Nakul said understanding that she needed an relaxing massage as it was her first time travelling so far and was really tired.

"But. I want to sleep." Soraya said in a whiny tone.

"You have to eat, Koel. And I am not listening. I have put the clothes on the table which you are going to wear so wear them after freshening up. Okay?" Nakul said in a stern voice.

Soraya pouted but nodded anyways as she knew how strict he is about her health.

"After you are ready. Come to the dining hall." Saying this,he went away closing the door.

She saw the clothes and immediately smiled.

She bathed and wore the clothes.

She was happy they remembered her telling them how she hated heavy jewellery and clothes as they made her sensitive skin bruised.

(Her clothes)

(Her hairstyle)

(Her hairstyle)

She smiled looking at herself, feeling pretty

(The Pandavas strictly told all the dasis not to help Soraya as she did not like strangers helping while bathing and wearing clothes)

Taking a last glance on her self, she went out of the room closing the door behind her.

She walked and walked and walked and walked and walked.

She knew she was lost.

She saw a sipahi out of a room and almost cried out of relief as she thought she was going to die in this bhulbhulaiya.

"Bhaiya." Soraya said, well more like shouted.

The soldier turned around and walked towards her and asked while keeping his eyes down,

"Yes ,RajKumari . How may I help you?" He asked politely.

"Could you please show me the way to the dining hall? I am lost." Soraya asked with a polite
smile.

The soldier showed her the way towards the dining hall and went away.

She opened the door(which was really hard as she weighed 1/6th the door) and was breathing heavily till she made her way towards the Pandavas.

"Raya, sit here. Today I will feed you." Yudhishthira said.

Hearing his words, everyone turned towards Soraya who was feeling shy ,becoming the centre of attention.

"Hi, I mean Pranipat, I am Soraya." Soraya said in a small voice wanting to break the awkward silence.

She walked towards the Pandavas and sat between Nakul and Yudhishthira.

Every one was shocked seeing a female sitting while the males were sitting.

"You are a RajKumari. Don't you know that females eat after males?" Dushasan said in a rude tone which no one liked.

"She will eat with us every day as it is a habit of 2 years." Bheem said in a angry voice but controlled himself as Soraya was sitting and he did not want Soraya to see his anger.

"This is unacceptable-"

"My child, Dushasan. Let it be." Shakuni whispered to Dushasan.

Dushasan wanted to say more but shut his mouth seeing Bhishma.

Soraya just sighed and looked down a little tired.

She then saw her clothes and smiled broadly.

She stood up on her knees and hugged Nakul who was sitting on her left side and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Kul Bhaiya, I really loved the clothes. They are so comfortable and beautiful. Thank you." Soraya said smiling cutely.

Every one(except the Pandavas, Kunti, and Draupadi) was shocked seeing such behaviour of the girl.

But did not question their relation as even a blind man could say the relation between them was purely of siblings.

"Why have you not kept your hair open? Are you married?" Asked one of the Kauravas.

"No, I am not married, I just don't like to keep my hair open as it gets tangled really badly. And then Mumma or one of my brothers or Didi will have to untangle my hair which also, by the way hurts really badly." Soraya said in a horrified voice.

"Didi?" Vidur asked.

"Oh! I call Panchal Kumari, Didi. It is simply a female who is of my sister's age and someone who I respect as a sister." Soraya answered.

Soraya then realised that she had not introduced herself properly.

"Okay, so now I will introduce my self properly. My name is Soraya. I am 17. The only sister of Pandavas.The only daughter of Kunti. I like to paint, dance and sing. I have studied law, meaning touching upon issues relating to business, economics, politics, the environment, human rights, international relations and trade. I have an unhealthy obsession with babies and animals and nature. I have a really toxic relationship with the ground and cooking and kitchen." Soraya said in one breath.

"Wow, that was surprising." Bhishma said in a surprised tone.

The ones who knew her for a long time only chuckled and prayed for her to be happy forever.

'Oh, how bad I am feeling for them!'

Thank you for reading.