CHAPTER 13

"Soraya, calm down. Please. It hurts us to see you like this." Draupadi said trying to console the crying girl.

"But Di, Maharaj Dhritarashtra, he was questioning my character. He was saying it was my fault. Is it my fault that his son cannot control himself? Tell me." Soraya said crying in humiliation.

Draupadi and Soraya were sitting in Soraya's room.

Draupadi was hugging Soraya while Soraya was crying her heart out.

Soraya suddenly remembered that they had to leave.

"Di, let's go. We have to leave for Khandavaprastha. Even the Praja is waiting for their King." Soraya said. 

"Bacha, if you are tired we can leave tomorrow. Rest for a few hours-" Draupadi's words were cut off by Soraya's desperate voice.

"Please, I just want to leave this place as soon as possible. If Bhaiyas are ready, then we should leave immediately."

"We are leaving right now,Raya." Yudhishthira's angry voice was heard.

He was angry at Dushasan, at Dhritarashtra, at himself. For the first time in his whole life he was thinking of killing someone(Dushasan).

He rubbed his eyes harshly, trying to wipe away the tears resulting in his eyes becoming red.

"Bhaiya, are you okay?" Soraya asked when she saw Yudhishthira's red eyes.

"It's nothing.  I rubbed them too hard. Anyways, we are leaving now. We are not staying a moment longer here." Yudhishthira said trying to control his anger.

They(Pandavas, Kunti ,Draupadi and Soraya) all left for Khandavaprastha.

Soraya was sitting with Draupadi on her chariot.

She was tired and just wanted to read a book and drink yummy hot chocolate.

She heard a small yelp from outside and immediately looked out and saw that a child of age 3-4 years had fallen down.

She climbed down the chariot and went near the boy.

"Are you okay, baby?" Soraya asked the boy who just let out a painful whimper.

She noticed the boy had scratched his knee.

"Koel, what happened? Why did you get dow- what happened to this child?" Nakul asked when he saw Soraya getting off of the chariot.

"Bhaiya, this boy here injured himself. It seems that he is alone." Soraya said after noticing no one came near to help the boy.

"Bacha, are you alone? Where are your parents?" Soraya asked.

"RajKumari. My relatives are in Hastinapur. When they closed the gate, we were separated." The boy said while sobbing.

"Tell me, what is your name?" Soraya asked fondly.

Looking at the boy, she remembered her best friend ,Rudra.

"My name is Ansh."

"Ansh, for now, stay with me, I will take you to your parents later. Okay. And call me Didi. Hmm?" Soraya said.

"Okay, Didi." Soraya's heart was filled with joy listening to the boy's cute voice.

"Bhaiya, he will stay with us." Soraya told Nakul who was just looking at Soraya lovingly and fondly as she interacted with the boy named Ansh.

Nakul just nodded in response.

When a question struck him looking at the people who were looking tired.

"What should we do now?" Nakul asked.

"For now, tell Sthir Bhaiya that we should take rest for some time. All the Horses and people are tired." Soraya said after noticing that the people were really tired.

She noticed it was late and almost dark and told the soldiers to arrange the tents.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
Thank you for reading.