CHAPTER 10

In Dwapar yug,

All the Pandavas, Draupadi, Bhishma and Vidur were sitting on the chairs in the Pandavas' chamber.

Dhritarashtra had told them to choose a region to rule as Shakuni had poisoned his mind against the Pandavas.

"What should we do, Pitamah? How can we divide Hastinapur?" Yudhishthira said in a sad voice.

"You have to. My son, if you live here, your life will be ruined by the Kauravas. Dhritarashtra has become blind in greed to give the throne to his son. And I am sure that wherever you go, you can build a strong Kingdom with the help of your younger brothers. If not about yourself, your brothers, Draupadi and Kunti, think about Soraya. She is a lovely and kind child. She will not be able to bare such pains. " Bhishma said. Bhishma knew that if Yudhishthira and his family will stay in Hastinapur, their lives will not be any less than hell.

"But-" Yudhishthira was interrupted by a knock on the door.

The Pandavas had requested that no guards should be near their chambers.

"I will see who it is." Arjun said as he stood up.

As he walked near the door, he heard sobs from the other side of the door.

He opened the door and saw something that he wished he never saw.

There stood his sister, sobbing. Hand prints on her waist and wrists. Bite marks on her neck. Her beautiful eyes which would shine with happiness are shiny due to tears.  Her eyes and nose red due to crying.

"Nitya! What happened? Who did this to you?" Arjun exclaimed with concern.

She just cried more and hugged Arjun who picked her up and made her sit on the bed.

Every one was shocked to see her disheveled state.

She was not ready break the hug.

"Mumma,I want Mumma." Soraya said not being able to control her tears.

Kunti hugged her immediately and started rocking her back and forth.

"What happened, Putri?" Bhishma asked worried.

"I-I was going to come here. T-To talk to you all. Then RajKumar Dushasan stopped me and started talking inappropriately. When I tried to get away he-he harshly pulled me back. He even bit on my neck. He was talking so-so-", She broke down in tears not being able to continue.

All the people present saw was blood.

After a few moments, they heard soft snores coming from Soraya.

Their eyes softened.

"Mata, Panchali, stay with Nitya. We will come back in a few moments." Arjun said to Kunti and Draupadi.

"Arya, calm down. You all have just come out of jail. Maharaj Dhritarashtra will not see his son's fault. If you all choose violence,and raise your weapons, he will not hesitate to give you a harsh punishment." Draupadi said.

"Then what should we do,Panchal Kumari? My sister, who is as delicate as a flower and innocent as a child,was crying her heart out in front of me while I could do nothing. She is a soft hearted girl. She cannot see others in pain then why is she in pain? Please don't stop us." Bheem said with anger and pain.

"Anuj, I know that you are angry, but what she is saying is right. We cannot take such action without a thought. Right now ,calm down." Yudhishthira said.

Even Yudhishthira wanted to kill Dushasan but he knew that it will lead to them being oppressed.

"Putra, me and Vidur will take our leave. Take care of Soraya. We will talk to Dhritarashtra about this matter and make sure that Dushasan gets a harsh punishment." Bhishma said as he stood up and left with Vidur.

"Arya, I think that at least one of us should always be there with her till we leave for khandavprast." Draupadi said to Arjun. 

"You are right. We will always protect her." Arjun said in a fond and determined voice.

'I will always protect you, from the world, and even from the god if sick circumstances come.' All the Pandavas thought at the same time.

'But who will protect her from you all?'

Thank you for reading.