CHAPTER 11

In Dwapar yug,

Soraya woke up when she heard the sound of doors opening.

She opened her eyes and saw that it was Draupadi who entered the room.

"Raya, you are awake? How are you feeling?" Draupadi asked running towards the bed on which she was lying on.

"I am fine, Didi. Where are Bhaiyas and Mumma?" Soraya asked.

"They are in the Rajya Sabha. And also we have to leave for Khandavprastha in 1 prahar." Draupadi said while caressing Soraya cheek.

"This soon-" The sound of a knock on the door cut her off.

"Come in." Draupadi said.

"RajKumari Draupadi and RajKumari Soraya, Maharaj has asked for your presence." A dasi said while keeping her eyes down on the ground.

"Right now? I look like a mess! All the boys will get scared of me. Who will marry after seeing my real face?" Soraya said in a dramatic voice.

"Dasi, you can go. Inform Maharaj that we will come in a few minutes." Draupadi said with a smile.

"Ji, RajKumari Draupadi."

"Now go and freshen up or all the boys will run away from you." Draupadi said with a teasing smile.

"You-"

Her words were cut short as Draupadi pushed her inside the bathing room.

"Be quick or we will be late." Draupadi said before closing the door.

Soraya just nodded her head with a fond smile.

Time skip of 30 minutes later,

(She came out wearing this)

(Ignore the makeup and think of her as Soraya)

(She had a thick white shawl wrapped around her to hide the bruises on her waist and wrist)

(Her hair)

As she stepped out, she heard a small gasp

"My god, Soraya. You are so beautiful, my love." Draupadi said in a fond voice.

"Don't say that in front of Arjun Bhaiya, he will kill me saying I stole his wife."

"Ok, I won't. Now should we go."

"Behind you."

As they neared the Rajya Sabha she heard loud shouts.

As they entered the Sabha, the shouts stopped.

"May I ask what is happening, Maharaj?" Soraya asked.

"You are asking me what is wrong? You slapped my son,Dusashan, and you are asking me?" Dhritarashtra said in an angry tone.

"How dare you insult my brother? You-" Duryodhan was cut off by the strong feminine voice of the small girl.

"Maharaj, Yuvraj, you just assumed that I am at fault and not RajKumar Dushasan just because he told you that I insulted him? Is this how Hastinapur decides who is at fault?" Soraya voice boomed through the Sabha.

"RajKumari, whatever his fault was, you could have talked with Maharaj ; he could have helped you." Karn said.

"This blind man will help me?" Soraya said in disbelief.

"You cannot disrespect the Maharaj of Hastinapur like that, RajKumari Soraya. You will be punished for saying such words." Dhritarashtra said with pure anger.

"What will you do if I don't stop saying such words?"

While looking at Bhishma dead in the eyes,"Pour molten gold down my throat like you did to a young 7-year-old Shon for learning a few literatures?"

While staring at Vidur terrifyingly,"Kill me on the basis of a few stupid words or bad weather like you were going to do with a young 1 day old boy?"

While staring at Dhritarashtra with dark eyes," Or will you kick me out of the Kingdom like you did to the fisherman and woman?"

"And above all, what I said is the truth. Let me tell you one thing, I do not care if you are physically blind. I know you could be a great king but you are blind in your fatherly love towards your sons so much that you ignore whatever mistakes they make and punish the victims for something they never did. And a Maharaj. A Maharaj is not only the father of his children but also of his subjects. And talking about punishment. I did not do anything wrong so I will not accept it." Soraya said.

"And Angraj Karn, how could he help? Dushasan he asked me to sleep with him. He raised his finger at my character and called me a characterless female. What do you expect me to do, Angraj? Answer me." Soraya said as tears fell down from her eyes.

Everyone was shocked listening to this.

Especially Duryodhan and Karn were shocked listening to her.

They never thought that Dushasan would do such thing.

"And Dushasan, you asked me why I did not want to sleep with you. First become a man and stop being a coward. I will myself come to you the day you become a real man and strip in front of you. Now we will take our leave. Pranipat. Didi, Bhaiya. Let's go." Soraya said with a fierce grin that sent shivers down everyone's spine.

All the people present in the Sabha were shocked to hear her as normally women would not speak about such things.

Who will tell them that she is no normal girl?
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
Thank you for reading.