Suspicious Kaneko With Her Suspicious Bag

(Credits to their rightful owners)

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

I don't like the entrance ceremony. A lot of first years think the same way.

The principal and the students are all thanking each other annoyingly, there's way too much standing, and it's a pain in the butt because there are too many troublesome things.

But that's not all I want to say.

The entrance ceremony for the elementary, middle, and high school marks the start of one major trial for students.

And I am glad that I have already passed that trial with flying colors and made a friend even before the classes started.

Finally, the entrance ceremony concluded and the students were allowed to go to their classrooms.

Kaneko went to the bathroom so I had to walk to class alone.

Overlooking the classroom, I walked over to the seat with my nameplate on it.

A seat towards the back of the room and near the window. Generally, a good spot to get.

The classroom was only about half full.

Students were either looking at their class materials by themselves or were talking to acquaintances and friends.

Now, what should I do? Should I get to know people during the free time? I have already made a friend but I would like to have more than just one of them.

Sitting a few seats in front of me, a chubby boy seemed lonely all by himself (my selfish imagination).

He gave off an aura that screamed, "Someone talk to me and be my friend!" (again, my selfish imagination)

However, if you suddenly walked up to someone and talked to them they would probably feel bothered.

Do you wait for the right time then? No, by then, he would probably be surrounded by enemies, and there's a high chance I'll become friendless.

As I expected, I should talk...

Wait, wait, don't be hasty.

If I carelessly jump in and talk to the unknown student, I might be beaten by someone else.

Maybe I should just wait for Kaneko to arrive and make more friends with her help.

Is he still alone? Do I hear laughter? I must be hearing things.

I wonder what friends are. Where on earth do friends come from? Do people become friends after they eat with each other? Or do you become friends after going to the bathroom together? Kaneko made me her best friend very easily. Is that how it always works?

I guess I'll get the answers to my questions through mine and Kaneko's friendship.

As I was thinking this, the classroom quickly fills up as other students enter the classroom.

Kaneko, where are you? Why are you taking so long in the bathroom? I am lonely in this scary jungle. Kaneko, come quickly.

Oh well, I have no choice but to try.

After a long internal struggle, I started to get up from my seat. However...

As I got up, I noticed that the chubby boy wearing glasses was talking to another classmate.

With a bitter smile, I realized that there was no friendship to be made here. Good for you, glasses-kun... you made your first friend------

Involuntarily, I let out a deep sigh from the bottom of my lungs. My high school life seems very bleak.