Club Fair

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"Are either of you gonna join any club?" 

Well, I was just going to check out the club fair, nothing more. I didn't know about Sumire though.

"I am gonna see if anything catches my eye. I don't have a particular goal in mind."

So, somewhat like myself.

Although, I should also contribute to the conversation. 

"I am also just going there to see if anything catches my eye. But not too keen on joining anything."

"Don't worry Sudou-kun! We're fully supportive of you joing the basketball club!"

I nodded as well.

Sudou looked a bit flustered, but happy nonetheless.

"You know what! If we don't join any club, we are gonna come to your practice sometimes to cheer for you! Oh, I know! I'll even wear a cheerleading outfit for your matches! So, work hard to be a starter, Sudou-kun~"

Oh? I was also gonna go cheer for him in practice?

"What?!"

Sudou was looking a lot red.

"Sumire-san! There is no need for you to do that!"

"Really? I think there is a need for me to do that! Hahahahahaha!"

"I feel like you are deliberately not gonna get into any club, just so you can do that!"

"Well, if it does come to that, no can do! Hahahaha!"

Wait, I am confused.

Do I have to wear a cheerleading outfit too?

...

"Wow, it's bigger than I thought it'd be."

Almost everyone there were first years, around 100 people were waiting nearby.

Waiting around the back, we were waiting for the club fair to start.

 As we entered the gym, pamphlets with details about club activities were passed out.

"I wonder, are there any clubs here that are widely known?"

"A lot of clubs here seem to be high-leveled. There are a lot of members in a lot of clubs that are nationally known."

"Wow, Sudou-kun. You're gonna join a club like that," Sumire was looking around the gynasium and the different club booths in awe, "you'll have to practice real hard to make it into the starters."

Sudou was also looking around in awe. Though I was doing the same, I was a lot more discreet.

Even though this school isn't particularly known for their sports like baseball or volleyball, it isn't like the club activities are at the "hobbyist" level.

"But you know, it looks like an inexperienced person will have a hard time joining a sports club. Even if someone made their high school debut, they would be a substitute. I don't think it would be fun."

Everything around here seems too orderly and tidy.

"I guess that depends on the person and how hard they work. So Sudou-kun, you gotta work real hard! We'll be supporting and cheering for you!"

Sudou grinned.

"Thanks, both of you."

"We'll make a banner and everything, you know?"

Sudou sweatdropped.

"I don't think you need to go that far.."

"Thank you for waiting, first year students. A representative from each club will explain their activities and how to join. I am Tachibana, the secretary of the student council and the chairman responsible for this club fair. Nice to meet you."