Cat Chaos

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

After a few minutes, the first bell rang. 

Almost at the same time, a woman wearing a suit walked into the classroom.

On first impression, she seems like a teacher who finds strict classroom discipline important. She looks about 30 years old. Her long hair was tied back into a ponytail.

"Ahem, Good Morning new students. My name is Chiyabashira Sae and I am in charge of class D this year. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn't rearrange the classes every year, so over the next three years, I hope I get to know all of you. Best regards. Although the entrance ceremony will be one hour from now in the gym, I will now distribute the list of special rules of this school and the matriculation guide."

From the front, the handouts were passed around.

When Kaneko was passing the handout to me, she turned back to me and smiled at me with her teeth showing. 

It was a beautiful smile.

I hope I will be able to smile like that too some day.

I read through my handout.

At this school, there are special rules that make it different from every other high school. All students are required to live on campus, and are forbidden from contacting anyone outside the school.

Even contacting immediate family is impossible without the permission of the school.

Leaving school grounds is also forbidden.

However, there are also many other facilities so that students don't suffer from being restricted. There are karaokes, theater rooms, cafes, and even boutiques - you can say it made up a small town. And in the middle of the big city, the huge campus took up more than 600,000 square meters.

There's one more special characterstic of the school, though. The introduction of the S-System.

After giving an explanation of the S-System to the class, Chiyabashira-sensei looked around the room.

"It seems like no has any questions. Well then, please lead a good stude-"

Meow

Chiyabashira-sensei stopped what she was saying and looked around the classroom to find the source of her interruption.

Everyone in the class also started looking around.

Well, except for me.

I knew exactly where and from whom the sound had come.

While this was happening, I saw Kaneko start panicking. 

Meow

Kaneko, now, for some reason, meowed.

Is she secretly a cat?

"Hahahahaha...it was just me. I was playing around. Sorry for the interruption sensei. Please continue what you were saying."

As she said this, her bag started ruffling and, because of the movement, fell over.

And lo and behold, a cat came bolting out of her bag and started running around the classroom, scared.

Everyone started screaming as the cat threw off people's stuff from their desks and started scratching the students while running around.

As this was happening, Kaneko also stood up and ran after the cat, all the while trying to comfort it. 

Why is she even talking to it? We can already see just how much it's working.

There was chaos all around the room.