Fluffy First Times

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"So, which flavor would you like to try?"

I looked at the menu in front of me. There were so many options to choose from.

"Mmm... I think I would like to try the one that is most people's favorite, chocolate."

"Okayy~"

I got chocolate ice cream and Sumire got strawberry.

Sumire looked at me intently and with barely concealed excitement.

"What?"

"C'mon alreadyyyy. I wanna see your face when you try ice cream for the first time."

Her eyes were sparkling.

I tried ice cream for the first time in my life. I think I just fell in love for the first time in my life.

"Eeeeekkkk! Kiyo-channnn!!!! This is the first time that I'm seeing any type of change in your expression. You're so handsomeeee!!"

"What? My expression changed?"

"I mean technically your expression didn't change, but your cheeks are definitely redder than before."

"Really?"

"Mm! Kiyo-chan! It means that you liked the ice cream, right?"

"Yeah... I really liked the ice cream."

"Just imagine, Kiyo-chan. This is only one flavor that you have tasted, there are still so many that you have to taste, and of course not just ice cream but so much more food!"

"I am really looking forward to it."

Sumire looked genuinely happy at this.

Now that I think about it, this is the first time that I am actually looking forward to something.

"Well, let's go."

We were walking towards our dorms while eating our ice cream when I decided that this is the right time to give her more hints and polish her even more.

"By the way, Sumire, did you hear what those upperclassmen were saying?"

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot about it! They were definitely saying some suspicious things."

"What do you think about it?"

"Hmm. They first of all guessed that Sudou-kun was from class D. How did they guess that? There must be some criteria. Wait! They said that class D would face hell. Does that mean that our class has something that will make us have difficulties in the future? Hmm...what could it be?"

I was looking at her while she was working her theory out.

"Mmm... oh yeah, they only guessed that when Sudou-kun started fighting with them. So, his anger issues? They guessed that because Sudou-kun had anger issues. In our class, there aren't any students with anger issues other than Sudou-kun... that means our classmates have some other kind of issues. Yes! Class D has students that have some sort of issues with them. At least, this much is clear now. Class D is filled with students with issues, which is how the upperclassmen could guess that Sudou-kun is in class D!"

"You think our class is filled with people with issues?"

"Yeah. At least, most of them. Like Sudou-kun's anger issues, your social anxiety, Horikita-san's superiority complex, Inogashira's anxiety... there could be more that we don't know about yet."

"Yeah, now that I think about it, that's true."

"Wait, Kiyo-chan! I just thought of something! If class D is people with issues, then does that mean that class A is full of elites?"