Warmth

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"Heya, everyone. I'm guessing that everyone already knows me already, hehe... well anyways, I am Kaneko Sumire. I would prefer it if you call me Sumire, cuz' I really like my first name. Next is my hobbies. I really like making friends and I enjoy eating salty snacks. Oh! If you are planning on playing any pranks, don't you dare leave me out of that! And yeah, I guess that's about it. Everyone, please take care of me."

Everyone clapped for her, like they did for everyone, but this time, their claps were just a little more genuine.

Wow. With this, she has also become one of the central figures of the class, if she wasn't already one before.

"Um... the next person--------- please introduce yourself."

"Eh?"

I am sitting behind Kaneko, or should I call her Sumire now, I probably should, of course it's my turn now. A lot of the students were waiting for me to give my introduction. Oi, Oi, don't look at me with that much anticipation (my imagination).

Oh well, I'll go all out for this self introduction.

Alright! Get up and start.

"Well... um, my name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. The, er... there's nothing particular about me, I will do my best to get along with everyone, uh, nice to meet you."

After finishing my greeting, I quickly sat back down.

Fu... did everyone see it? My self introduction.

... failed.

I buried my face into my hands.

I was too busy lost in my delusions, so I couldn't come up with the proper words in advance.

It was such a boring, lame introduction that no one will remember later.

"Nice to meet you Ayanokouji-kun. I also want to get along with everyone, so let's do our best."

Hirata said with a refreshing smile.

Everyone clapped. I feel like everyone clapped after seeing through my mistake.

At the same time, I felt strangely hurt from their pity.

I was still happy, though.

But then, I heard a very loud and strong whistle.

I looked up and saw Sumire clapping her hands loudly and whistling with her hands as well.

She looked really happy and proud (?) for some reason. What was she so happy about? Why is she clapping as if I had done a very good job?

"Guys, please be a little encouraging to him. He has social anxiety. I am so proud of him that he managed to do that self introduction so nicely. Please, encourage him more and give him a big round of applause!"

Yes. Nicely.

She said it like a parent does for a child. But I wouldn't know that feeling. But then I felt warm in my chest and figured that maybe this is that feeling.

Everyone looked understanding for a moment. Some of the students looked at me with pity. But then, there was a loud noise as everyone started clapping for me, with Sumire whistling occassionally in between.

I also want to learn how to whistle. The way she whistles with her hands just looks so cool. Maybe, I'll ask her to teach me.

I looked at the class as they were still clapping for me. Some even started congratulating me and gave an offer to become friends.