Chapter Two; A Betrothal

The next was a cloudy and gloomy one. Visenya visited the training yard alongside her grandsire, King Viserys, and the Lord Hand, Lyonel Strong. And watched as her uncles and brothers trained together and against.

Visenya secretly laughed at Aegon as he kept fighting against Jacearys as if he was a child. Not letting him get up or fight back. Also laughed as the Lord Commander, Ser Harwin Strong, attacked Ser Criston over a comment. A comment similar as to the one she had jokingly said the day before.

Later on, the small council had gathered and discussed issues concerning the realm. Before finishing the meeting, Princess Rhaenyra directed to Queen Alicent and offered a proposal. To betrothed Princess Visenya and Prince Aegon to unify the house and put an end to the constant infighting. Additionally, Rhaenyra would allow Aemond have a dragon egg if her dragon, Syrax, were to have another clutch.

"Nonetheless I believe we should let Visenya and Aegon rule together." Princess Rhaenyra stated with a proud and happy smile on her face.

After the proposal, King Viserys could not help but smile and agree while Queen Alicent could say no more than agree as her King had already done so. From this day forward princess Visenya and prince Aegon were to be betrothed.

After the small council meeting, Visenya's mother discussed the betrothal between Aegon and her as Visenya could only silently stare in horror. She couldn't agree less and would oppose to it, but the results were disappointing and could not bring her mother to change her mind. Not only were those bad news, other bad news were to come.

Moments later, the department of the Lord Commander, Ser Harwin Strong, was done. He were to be on his way to his castle, Harrenhal, where he would rule. After his departure, Princess Rhaenyra went over to the training yard to announce to her husband and his squire our leave to Dragonstone.

"What about the betrothal of Visenya and Aegon?" Ser Laenor asked confused.

"They will still be betrothed, but will have to remain apart from each other." Princess Rhaenyra answered as she walked away to prepare their leave to Dragonstone.