Chapter Twelve; War Council

After the coronation, Rhaenyra is accompanied by her queens guard to her war council. Upon arrival they announce her and the queens guard insist on following her but with only a glance from the queen they stand still.

At one extreme of the painted table is the Queen. Standing alongside her are Baela and Visenya. On the opposite extreme is Daemon standing alone facing Rhaenyra waiting for her to commence.

Rhaenyra begins the war council and after a much longer wait they are informed of a ship sighted in the shore of Dragonstone wearing the three-headed green dragon.

"Shit." Visenya thought to herself as she hears the news. "Might Aemond be amongst those who have come?"

Daemon prepares his men to watch the towers and be on high alert. As he is accompanied by Visenya, guards, and knights to the bridge that leads to the gates of Dragonstone he meets with Otto Hightower.

Otto stares at Visenya before finally speaking. "Where is Princess Rhaenyra? The Dowager Queen wishes for this message to be delivered to her." Otto says as he turns his attention to Daemon.

As Otto speaks, Syrax's roars and wings flapping are heard through the sky. Queen Rhaenyra makes her powerful presence be felt with the help of her majestic beast.

While the Queen and Otto argue, Visenya looked around and notices Aemond not being amongst those who have accompanied Otto. She felt relieved, but had a sense of sadness as she would have wished to see him. To see his cold eye pierce her soul, his long shiny hair flow with the wind, and the warmth of his gently hand caressing her bringing her flashbacks to the night before she had left the Red Keep.

She no longer wished to stay and turned back to head inside Dragonstone but heard the unshiething of swords from both parties and a guard quickly turn to her to protect her in case of an attack. She was quickly brought back inside but soon after just stepping inside her mother was already on her way as well after finishing the argument without having to spill any blood... yet.