Chapter Four; Alliance

After Laena's funeral and the departure of Aemond and his family, The Greens, Visenya notices her mother, Rhaenyra, and her uncle Daemon chatting. She tries to eavesdrop, but fails in the attempt. The only word she was able to catch was wed.

"She's already letting uncle Daemon know of my betrothal to Aegon?" Visenya mumbled to herself as she rolled her eyes and left. She didn't want to listen about her betrothal to her drunken cunt of an Uncle and more importantly her betrothed.

Later that night she was woken up by screams of her grandmother and grandfather, Rhaenys and Corlys. She didn't want to get up from bed in fear of what might be the reason for their wails. In the end she somehow manages to fall back asleep, but with fear.

The morning of the next day she is waken up by a maid to dress her and get her ready for their departure back to Dragonstone, but before they sail back she notices her dad, Ser Laenor, is not onboard, but her uncle Daemon in his place. She searches all over for him and goes to her mother to ask.

"Your father hes... no longer with us." Rhaenyra says trying to force a depressed voice.

"What?" Visenya asked not fully understanding what her mother has told her. "In what way?" She asks fearing for the worst.

"Your father's squire, Qarl, challenged him to a sword fight last night and... well he won. They found your father's body burned in the hall's ground." Rhaenyra says with gloomy eyes as she hugged her tightly.

Visenya could only stand there in silence. The death of Harwin, her aunt Laena, and now her own father. She stared at her mother with sorrow and despair not being able to even mumble a word after the shocking news. Tears running down her face, but she quickly wiped them off as she saw her brothers in the distance with the same gloomy eyes and sorrowful expressions. She hurried to hug them and comfort them while they sat on the boat quietly as they sailed back to Dragonstone. Alongside her cousins, Baela and Rhaena.

Once in Dragonstone she finally got to rest properly after days of sorrow, grief, and anger given by her lovely family, but the minute she touched her bed a knock disturbed her short peace. 

"Your presence is required in the Dragonmont, Princess Visenya. The guards will escort you there." The sound of a lady is heard.

"Yes, thank you." Visenya said as she got up from bed and opened the doors of her chamber to be received by two guards already waiting for her.

Visenya, her brothers, and cousins alongside with the guards make their way to the Dragonmont as they walk up the stairs they see their mother and uncle dressed in traditional wedding clothes and are shocked as they commence their ceremony.