Chapter Seven; Heir to the Driftwood Throne

The next morning, every noble family was gathered up in the throne room. The hand of the king was standing couple of steps in front of the Iron Throne, acting in the king's absence.

"As Hand, I speak with the king's voice on this and all other matters. The crown will now hear the petitions." Otto Hightower, Hand of the king, spoke as he sat down.

Once seated, Vaemond begin to speak. He spoke of his bloodline and the days of Old Valyria.

"I am Lord Corly's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins." Vaemond spoke with confidence.

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon." Rhaenyra interrupts Vaemond. "If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold to supplant its rightful heir."

But before Princess Rhaenyra could continue defending her son from Vaemond, Queen Alicent stopped her.

"You will have chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra." Queen Alicent spoke. "Do allow Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard."

Vaemond turned to face Rhaenyra with a cocky smile. He begin to attack her with words, arguing over Velaryon blood. He turned back to face the Hand defending his House.

While Vaemond spoke with the Hand, Visenya would turn to face Aemond from time to time. In one of her many glances , Aemond caught her looking at him. Visenya quickly switched to look at Aegon and then Heleana. She tried to make it as natural as possible, but it was too obvious to hide it now.

"I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor.... As lord of Driftmark and lord of the tides." Vaemond finished.

The Hand acknowledged him and nodded. He then allowed Rhaenyra to come forward and speak for her son, Lucaerys Velaryon.

Rhaenyra stepped forward to the center of the hall leaving her sons' and daughter's side.

As she begin to speak she tried her best not to show any nerves. She spoke with confidence looking up at the Hand seated on the iron throne when suddenly she was interrupted by the doors to the throne room being open and she turned around to see two guards opening it and two guards walking up front.

"King Viserys of House Targaryen, the first of his name, King of the Andales, and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm!" A knight introduced the king.

Visenya turned alongside everybody to watch her grandsire slowly walking inside. His face tired and sicken, his body old and pale. She took the sight in worry but was glad that he had came.

Everybody looked at each other in shock and surprise. They would look down when he passed them. King Viserys never glanced at his family as he passed them, but instead he looked at Rhaenyra.

"I will sit the throne today." King Viserys informed his Hand.

He climbed up the stairs to sit upon the Iron throne with the help of Daemon who had also helped him pick his crown when it slipped off from him.

Rhaenyra went back to stand next to her sons and daughter. With her Visenya, Jace, Luke, and Rhaena stood beside her.

King Viserys called for Rhaenys who he had thought best to inform them on her lord husband's wish over succession. She stepped forward to inform everyone present on court on the finale decision of Lord Corlys to pass the succession to Lucaerys Velaryon. Rhaenys had even added the most recent news that Rhaenyra had just planned to marry Jace and Luke to Baela and Rhaena.

Visenya's eyes widen with her brothers agreeing. The news were never given to them and they looked at each other in surprise. Now, Visenya wouldn't be the only one betrothed.

King Viserys settled the matter taking the finale decision of allowing Lord Corlys title as Lord of Driftmark to pass on to his grandson, Lucaerys Velaryon.

Ser Vaemond stared at Rhaenyra with fury. He wouldn't allow this and began to shout.

"That is no true Velaryon! And certainly no nephew of mine." Vaemond said with anger.

Rhaenyra sent Visenya, Jace, and Luke to their chambers while King Viserys defended Luke.

"Her children..." Vaemond spoke turning to face Rhaenyra and her children. "Are bastards!" Vaemond shouted with anger.

Visenya looked at him and stepped forward but was stopped by Daemon.

"And she... is..." Vaemond continued turning to face the king. "A whore." Vaemond whispered as the room gasped.

While Visenya was stopped by Daemon she grabbed his sword, Dark Sister, and stepped forward behind Vaemond.

"I will have your tongue for that." King Viserys said as he stood up and grabbed his knife.

Immediately after the King spoke, Visenya slashed Ser Vaemond's face killing him instantly creating the room to gasp. Aemond took a step back going from a relaxed position to a combat stance.

"He can keep his tongue," Daemon said as he looked at his step daughter with his eyebrows raised and a look of pride.

"Disarm her!" A knight shouted as they unsheathed their swords.

"No need." Daemon said with a relaxed voice as he gently grabbed the sword from Visenya's hands and cleaned the blood out and put it away as they both went back to Rhaenyra's side.

King Viserys having enough from the events fell back to the irone throne calling the worried attention of his wife, Alicent, and daughter, Rhaenyra.

King Viserys was carried back to his chamber with the help of two maesters while everyone stared in worried.