Chapter Eight; The Last Supper

The Blacks and Greens had arrived to the dinner table. Aegon was chatting with Aemond while Visenya was with Jace and Luke with their newly betrothed, Baela and Rhaena.

Queen Alicent was patiently waiting for her lord husband, King Viserys, while Rhaenyra enjoyed the sight of her children and future in laws.

The food and decorations were being placed on the table by maids and the guards opened the entrance door to the dinner hall allowing entrance to the king. The king entered sitting in a chair carried by four knights on each side.

When the King entered both families rised from their seats. The King was placed in the center of both families.

"How good it is

"How good it is... to see you all tonight. Together." King Viserys said with a tired and sicken voice while he looked around.

Queen Alicent smiled and offered to say a prayer before they began. While Alicent began her prayer they all went into position and looked down.

Aemond and Visenya looked down while the prayer went on, but Aemond would sneak in glances while Visenya stared down with her eyes closed.

Queen Alicent prayed for the poor soul of Vaemond Velaryon which was answered with a small smirk coming from Visenya and rolled eyes from Daemon.

Once Alicent finished the prayer, Viserys looked at his grandsons and granddaughter with a smile. Wishing them fortune with their betrotheds.

"My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena. And of course my granddaughter, Visenya, will marry her uncle, my son, Aegon." Viserys spoke with pride.

"Well done, Jace, it seems like you will finally lie with a woman." Aegon whispered to Jace when he stood up to grab the jar filled with wine as the rest toasted for Luke, congratulating him for becoming in the near future the new Lord of the Tides.

Aemond drank from his cup of wine staring as Visenya patted Jace on the shoulder with a proud smile.

While Aegon was filling his cup with more wine he continued to whisper to Jace.

"You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that." Aegon added.

Baela and Jace had also added their own responses making Aegon to back away with a small chuckle before going back to his seat after filling his cup with more than half a cup of wine.

King Viserys continued with his small happy but gloomy speech. Speaking highly of his family yet he couldn't help but feel a separation between them and throughout his speech he suddenly stopped to remove his mask covering the right side of his face.

"Tonight... I wish you to see me as I am." King Viserys said as he looked at his family. "Not just a King, but your father. Your brother. Your husband... and your grandsire. Who may not, it seems, walk for much longer among you. " King Viserys finished as he sat back down to catch his breath.