Chapter Six; The Traning Yard

The arrival of Rhaenyra and her children was one Kings Landing will never forget.

"All hail Rhaenyra of house Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone and heir to the Irone Throne and her royale consort Prince Daemon Targaryen!" A knight spoke.

Rhaenyra opened the carriage's door and stepped out looking around. After her was Daemon, following close behind her and then her children. Whom were all greeted by Lord Caswell.

Rhaenyra and Daemon had departed to the King's chamber with Aegon, the younger, and Viserys. Leaving Visenya, Jace, and Luke to wander off.

In their exploration they went down the stairs to the training yard. There, they looked around, but Visenya had caught a glimpse of a long white haired young man fighting against Ser Criston Cole while her brothers went off to look at the swords and to a corner of a wall which Jace had hit when he was younger leaving a hole.

Visenya walked into the crowd to see the young man training against the knight.

"Aemond..." Visenya thought to herself even though she was unable to see the face of the man yet hoping it was him.

Soon, Visenya's brothers joined her in watching the fight. Jace and Luke looked in astonishment as the man was able to land a blow against Ser Criston.

"It has to be Aemond. Who else would wear an eyepatch?" Visenya thought to herself as she smiled proudly when he was able to land a blow back to Ser Criston.

When the young man was cornered and was forced to turn around to see Criston that was when his identity was revealed. Aemond Targaryen was the one training against Criston Cole. Jace and Luke looked at each other with eyes widened while Visenya looked at him with soft eyes. Her sentiments all over the place trying not to show affection or longing towards and old childhood friend.

The fighting continued and soon enough Aemond was the clear winner. The lords and ladies clapped and cheered for him. His skills had improved greatly since last time Visenya had seen him.

"Well done, my Prince. You will be winning tournaments in no time." Cristone smiled while gasping for air sword still pointed at his neck by Aemond.

"I don't give a shit about tourneys." Aemond scowled at Criston. "Nephews... have you come to train? Aemond turned his gaze away from him and to Jace and Luke.

Jace and Luke seemed almost mortified taking a step back while Visenya continued looking at Aemond with a cold expression.

"Niece..." Aemond' glare shifting to Visenya tilting his head slightly.

"Open the gate!" A guard shouted as a carriage entered the yard.

While the carriage entered Visenya looked up to see the bannermen raising Velaryon banners and worry filled her.

Aemond smiled at her for a split second before looking down and away while she looked at Vaemond entering. Aemond's eyes showed longing to once again reunite with her as they did once when they were children, but he had forgotten himself. She is no longer his friend. She is betrothed to his older brother, Aegon. The thought made him ill.