𝟶𝟺. Christmas Spirit

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Noelle had seen many pretty people but something about Bernard seemed to outshine all of them, the sparkles on his pinks cheeks along with his unique fashion style seemed to add to the beauty he held. Noelle had to shake away the thoughts as she anxiously began rubbing her left arm with her right hand as Charlie showed their father the snow globe. "Hey, Barabbas," Scott called out making Noelle sigh, "Bernard. His name is Bernard." Bernard smiled at Noelle for the correction, the soft tone was like a melody in his head.

"Bernard. Can we take a direct flight back to reality or do we have to change planes in Denver?" Scott asked Bernard in a mocking voice. "Larry, take Charlie here and get him some chow," Bernard instructed an Elf nearby. "No, Larry, don't do that. Charlie!" Scott called out but Noelle rested her hand on his shoulder. "Dad, he'll be fine. Let him have fun," Noelle encouraged softly. "She's right. He'll be okay. Follow me, you'll want to get out of those clothes," Bernard insisted before walking ahead with Scott and Noelle following behind him. Noelle was too busy admiring the building while her father complained to Bernard.

"Look, I am not Santa Claus!" Scott exclaimed to Bernard. "Ah. Did you or did you not read the card?" Bernard asked him. "Yes, he read the card," Noelle answered politely. "Then you're the new Santa," Bernard told Scott, "In putting on the hat and jacket, you accepted the contract." Noelle perked up at that, "My dad is the new Santa!! That's so cool!" Bernard raised his brows at her excitement, he admired the bright smile on her face. "No, no, and no, Ellie," Scott told her sternly making her smile fall into a frown, a sight that Bernard didn't enjoy seeing. "What contract?" Scott asked Bernard. "The card in the Santa suit. She said you read it, right?" Bernard asked him.

"So when you put on the suit, you fell subject to the Santa Clause," Bernard expressed to the man in denial. "The Santa Claus? You mean the guy that fell off my roof?" Scott asked him in confusion. "No, no, no. Not Santa Claus the person, Santa Clause the Clause," Bernard emphasised. "Dad... like a contract clause. The last line of a contract," Noelle explained. "You got the card?" Bernard asked Scott, taking the card when Scott held it out to him. "Okay, look. The Santa Clause; I putting on this suit and entering the sleigh, the wearer waives any and all rights to any previous identity, real or implied, and fully accepts the duties and responsibilities--" Bernard glanced at Noelle.