𝟸𝟹. Scott's Returning

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Curtis managed to sneak out of the North Pole using a jet pack that belonged to the E.L.Fs in hopes of getting Scott to save everyone including Noelle and Bernard. Thankfully, Elder Alfie had hidden Nicholas from Toy Santa who had been determined to enforce Noelle's banishment, but without her son, she couldn't do it which angered Toy Santa who had been searching for the boy. He finally managed to land at the Miller residence, he removed his helmet and approached the door to ring the doorbell. The door opened to reveal Lucy standing in front of him, "Who are you?" Curtis thought for a moment, "Curtis, a friend from... Buffalo."

Lucy tilted her head, "Are you an Elf?" Curtis scoffed, "Of course not! Why would you ask such a silly question?" Lucy furrowed her brows, "How come you have pointy ears?" Curtis hummed with uncertainty, "It's... because I never ate my green vegetables. Do you eat your green vegetables?" Lucy grimaced, "Uncle Scott!" Scott made his way into the foyer where the two stood, "Yeah, I'm right here. What's wrong?" He spotted Curtis and looked at him confused, "Oh... Curtis! What are you doing here?" Curtis was anxious as he spoke, "There's a little trouble at the... plant." Scott nodded, he understood what Curtis was saying.

"It's okay, Curtis is a very old friend. We have a large, uh... firm. We work together in..." Scott trailed off from talking to Lucy allowing Curtis to whisper, "Buffalo." Scott repeated it before looking at Curtis with a confused look, he shook it away and turned back to Lucy. "We work together in Buffalo. So... we're gonna talk business," Scott told Lucy. "What business?" Lucy asked. "It's none of your business," Scott teased with a grin. "Soon I'm gonna be seven. And then I can know things," Lucy told Curtis who smiled at her. "Good night, Curtis," Lucy told the Elf. "Good night, Lucy," Curtis replied to her. "Good night, Lucy," Scott told the young girl as she headed upstairs to bed.

"What's up?" Scott asked Curtis. "Toy Santa's out of control!" Curtis exclaimed in a fit of hushed anger, "He's locked up the Elves, shut down the Workshop, he thinks everybody's naughty and he's gonna give everyone coal!" Scott furrowed his brows hearing this, he frowned. "Why didn't Bernard or Noelle tell me?" Scott asked the younger Elf. "They're both under house arrest," Curtis answered him. "Bernard?! Noelle?!" Scott exclaimed. He was immediately worried about his pregnant daughter, he hoped she was okay. "Fly back with me to the North Pole to save Christmas!" Curtis exclaimed.

"I can't. I have no magic left, I'm out of magic. Look," Scott showed Curtis the watch that Bernard had adjusted, the arrow pointing at zero. "Grrr!" Curtis growled before remembering, "I thought you had Comet." Scott's eyes lit up and the two rushed outside to Comet who was clearly obese from his candy consumption. "Comet. What are you doin'? Eating sugar is bad for you," Scott reprimanded Comet who garbled back to him. "What do you mean, you didn't eat this? Who did?" Scott questioned him. "A Squirrel?!" Scott asked after Comet answered him. "Get this. You gotta fly both of us back to the North Pole. Yeah, tonight," Scott told Comet, unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen.