𝟷𝟾. The Naughty List?!

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

"You and the little one are well," Elder Alfie promised as she finished up her examination on Noelle who had stopped in to see the Elf. "I knew that but I promised Bernard, Curtis, my father and Abby that I'd check in with you as often as possible after what had happened with Nicholas," Noelle told her. "Oh, I know. Which is why I only observe and examine occasionally while spending the rest of these appointments drinking cocoa and eating cookies with you," Elder Alfie told Noelle who giggled at those words. "Yeah, but I understand Bernard's worries. Especially considering he had nearly lost me and Nicholas," Noelle spoke with a frown.

"Well, you must remember Noelle that Elves as born from the Christmas spirit not the normal ways such as humans do," Elder Alfie spoke, "So finding out that you were carrying the child of an Elf after transitioning into an Elf was a shock to everyone." Noelle smirked, "Except for you." Elder Alfie winked at her, "Of course. You are each other's Soul Lights. An eventual child was a given." The two shared a laugh at that. "It will be okay, Noelle. You were under a lot of stress when you were pregnant with Nicholas and you had fallen ill with glitterminks which weakened your body but now you carry immunity so do not fret, dear one, you and that little one will be fine," Elder Alfie reassured her with a smile.

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Clearly, Noelle had picked up on Bernard's anxiousness about the information they were about to pass on to Santa. The engaged couple followed behind Santa as he assisted the Elves with their experimental toys, Curtis rushed up to them as Noelle took Nicholas into her arms. They all stopped at the lower level to a balcony where Elves were working hard on the tinsel. "Hey, Joey!" Santa called up gaining Joey's attention, he walked over to the balcony and sent Noelle a smile before looking at Santa. "How's that static-free tinsel coming?" Santa asked Joey who grinned and turned to his friends, "Hey, guys, Santa wants to see the new tinsel!" The Elves laughed as they poured baskets of tinsel onto Santa.

Noelle smiled as Nicholas giggled, the sweet sound echoed through the Workshop brightening up everyone's day. "You know, I could come up there and take care of this the ugly way..." Santa informed them, "Or we go outside and play some football." The Elves cheered while Santa removed the tinsel from himself, Noelle grabbed some from his hair before watching him head out to play football against the Elves. Bernard turned to Curtis, "Curtis, you need to tell him right now!" Noelle sighed as she ran her fingers through Nicholas' dark curls that he inherited from his father, the boy giggled and reached up to Noelle's face.

"I don't know," Curtis said with a sorrowful expression, "He's so happy right now." Noelle raised a brow at the younger Elf who glanced at her before looking back at Bernard. "And why do I have to be the one to tell him?!" Curtis exclaimed loudly at Bernard. "Because I'm the Head Elf. I don't give bad news and neither does my fiancé. It's one of the perks of our seniority," Bernard replied to him sternly. "Now, tell him!" Bernard said before grasping Curtis' shoulder and leading him out of the Workshop towards the courtyard where Santa and the Elves were preparing for a game of football. "This will be interesting," Noelle whispered to her son who nodded with a small grin.