𝟷𝟷. Accepting The Role

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Her office was something that matched Noelle completely, the light mix of blues decorated with snowflakes and polar bears. She was seated at her desk, the chair was soft and comfortable resting by the dark mahogany desk. Noelle bit her lip as she looked at the large book, she lightly brushed her fingers across the hard cover admiring the gold embroidery. She opened the book and began reading through the standard Clause that stated by reading this, she had accepted her role as the Christmas Spirit; She was ready for this new life.

The Christmas Spirit spreads Christmas joy and functions off of the belief in Christmas. With every child that believes, the stronger the magic in which you can use. It is important to understand that your role is to support Santa and ensure that Christmas is a success. Should anything happen to Santa, you are to stand in for him and ensure everything is in control until he can take charge. As the Christmas Spirit, you are in charge of the Elves unless you choose someone else to do so.

As you may have noticed by now, The Christmas Spirit transforms into an Elf. You must finalize the transformation by your first Christmas otherwise you can lose the title. To finalize your life as an Elf, you must use the magic granted to you and chant an incantation with full acceptance. Once you do this, you will take on the life of an Elf which includes immortality and the life of an Elf. Choose wisely as the reversal of this decision can have many negative effects such as amnesia, illness, and/or death.

Noelle swallowed carefully at that, she leaned back in her seat as she processed the words she read. She couldn't see her life any other way and with her father as Santa, she couldn't deny the joys that came with living in the North Pole prepping for Christmas every year. She turned the page and looked at the words of the incantation, she didn't know the language but assumed that it'd be natural to speak. Her words were slow and expressive, her body felt light as she stood up and noticed a light forming over her.

Noelle had closed her eyes from the sudden light and when she opened her eyes, she looked down to see she was now wearing a dress with white stockings matched with some boots similar to Santa's. Her ears came to a point, her cheeks sparkled with glitter, and she felt lighter on her feet, she smiled and looked in the mirror to see her outfit in one piece. The door to her office opened to reveal Bernard, he stopped in the doorway when Noelle turned to him with a smile on her face. "You... already accepted it," Bernard breathed out, if she wasn't already beautiful before, she was breathtaking now.