𝟷𝟻. First Full Year

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

1996 went by quickly for everyone and soon enough, Thanksgiving had arrived leaving the Elves busy with work. Noelle and Bernard were equally stressed with ensuring that everything worked out perfectly which only seemed to build distance between the two. Noelle worked with Santa in her plans to have the real Santa visit a few locations to speak with the children himself, keeping that spark of belief alive. In the meantime, Bernard and Curtis were working hard on keeping the Elves in line and focused on reaching the quota for the year due to the many kids on the Nice list compared to the year before.

"We have reached our quote on Jack-In-The-Boxes and Yo-Yo's," Estel informed Noelle as he walked into her office, he frowned as she yawned before sifting through the pile of paperwork on her desk. "Have you gotten any sleep, Noelle?" Estel asked as he put the files in his hands onto the desk, crossing his arms as he raised a brow at the brunette. "Sleep can wait until after Christmas, Estel," Noelle muttered before running her fingers through her hair in frustration. "How are the numbers looking on the Holly Dolls?" Noelle asked Estel. "We'll have reached the quota before Christmas Eve," Estel answered her before moving the list from her.

"You aren't going to be very helpful if you're half asleep, Noelle," Estel scolded receiving a glare back. "Nor am I going to be helpful if I am asleep," Noelle replied with a sigh. Estel shook his head before making his way out of her office, he headed down the hall until he reached the Workshop where Bernard was currently supervising with Curtis trailing him around and rambling about the Handbook and its rules. "Bernard!" Estel called as he rushed over to the Head Elf. "What is it, Estel?" Bernard asked thankful that Curtis wasn't rambling any further due to Estel's interruption. 

"It's about Noelle--" Estel was cut off, "Is she okay? Sick? Tired? What's wrong?" Estel shushed Bernard who had become frantic. "She's had little to no sleep, her entire diet consists of Strong Hot Cocoa and she is beyond stressed about Christmas," Estel explained to Bernard who calmed a little, "And I'm concerned she'll overdo it and end up passing out before Christmas arrives." Bernard sighed as he turned to Curtis, "Think I can leave you in charge for a day to ensure Noelle gets some rest?" Curtis immediately nodded his head, he didn't want Noelle to make herself unwell by working to exhaustion.