Chapter 11

Feeling a mix of frustration and apprehension, Radhi hung up the phone, realizing she was in for a serious conversation with her parents.

Ayansh, sensing the tension in the air, cautiously asked, "Everything okay?"

Radhi sighed, "My parents want us to come for dinner this evening. They're pretty upset about not being invited to our wedding."

Ayansh raised an eyebrow, "Well, that explains the intense phone call. What's the plan?"

Radhi, with a reluctant smile, replied, "Looks like we have a dinner invitation. We should go and sort this out. They're not going to let it go easily."

Ayansh nodded in agreement, "Alright, we'll go. Finish your hospital work, and then we'll tackle this together."

In the evening

Radhi swiftly wrapped up her hospital duties and hurried home. Upon entering, she discovered their room in chaos. Ayansh had strewn his clothes all over, standing in front of the mirror, meticulously combing his hair.

"Ayansh!" Radhi exclaimed in frustration.

"Arey aa gyi tum. Chalo ye btao kaisa dikh Raha hu mai," Ayansh asked, combing his hair.

If Ayansh hadn't turned their room into a disaster zone, Radhi might have complimented him, but the room's condition took precedence.

"Leave all this and tell me, why have you turned the clothes into a graveyard?" Radhi gestured towards the bed, questioning Ayansh.

"Well, I was getting ready, that's why," Ayansh explained, still fixing his hair in front of the mirror.

"Even a girl doesn't mess up the room like this while getting ready," Radhi retorted, upholding her standards.

"What did you say?" Ayansh looked at Radhi, puzzled by her muttered complaints.

"Nothing, just that even I need to get ready on the side," Radhi brushed it off, heading towards the wardrobe with a determined stride.

Radhi got ready and emerged about two hours later, wearing a beautiful dress.

After this, Radhi and Ayansh head to Radhi's parents' house for dinner.

At Radhi's house,

As they sat down for dinner at Radhi's parents' house, Ayansh felt the pressure of the moment building.

He cleared his throat and said, "Uncle, Auntie, there's something important Radhi and I need to share with you."

Radhi shot him a puzzled look, unaware of what he was about to say.

Ayansh took a deep breath and continued, "Radhi and I... we didn't plan to tell you this so soon, but circumstances have pushed us to. Radhi is pregnant."

Radhi's eyes widened in shock, and she almost choked on her water.

"Take it easy. Are you okay?" Ayan said while passing her water.

Radhi, while taking water from him, says, "Yes, I'm fine."

Then she stared at Ayansh, who maintained a serious expression.

Priti, Radhi's mother, dropped her fork, and Vivek, her father, looked at Ayansh with a mix of surprise and concern.

"Pregnant?" Priti exclaimed, "But you just got married. How did this happen so fast?"

Ayansh, sticking to the script, replied, "It's unexpected, but we're trying to make the best of the situation. We wanted to share this news with you because family should know."