Chapter 15

After the nurse leaves, Radhi places the flower bouquet on the table and picks up the letter. She glances at it and wonders aloud, "Who could have sent this?"

Opening the letter, Radhi starts reading, and as she progresses, she begins to understand the sender. She then murmurs to herself, "Mere Papa ke baad ek tum hi ho Jo mere itne nakhre utha sakte ho."

( Only someone as patient as my dad could handle my tantrums. This has to be him )

As she continued to analyze the situation, she couldn't help but chuckle, "Maybe I made a mountain out of a molehill. Classic Radhi."

In the midst of her self-reflection, Shivi barged into the room, "Radhi, spill the beans! What did Aayansh write? Is it a love letter?"

"Tum yu achanak ?" Radhi asked, looking surprised.

( Where did you come from)

"Oh, like as soon as you hung up, I rushed from my home to your hospital," Shivi explained.

Shivi, curious, leaned in, "Come on, details! What did he say?"

As realization dawned on Radhi, she quickly turned towards Shivi and asked, "Wait, how do you know Aayansh sent this?"

Shivi explained, "Well, when I reached the hospital, I saw Aayansh entering. One of our colleagues stopped me and asked why I wasn't at the hospital today. So, I got a bit delayed in coming here."

Radhi, still curious about Aayansh's whereabouts, asked Shivi, "Is Aayansh still downstairs?"

Shivi, not entirely sure, replied, "Maybe, I didn't check after I rushed up here."

Radhi stood up, reaching for her handbag, and began packing her belongings along with the letter, "Shivi, do me a favor. Go downstairs and let your husband, the hospital director, know that I've seen all my patients today, and I don't have any surgeries. I'm taking a half-day off."

Shivi, understanding the situation, nodded and headed downstairs to inform her husband, leaving Radhi to her plans for a well-deserved break.

Shivi, teasingly encouraging Radhi's impromptu escapade, quipped, "Achha baba, ja meri Laila. Tera Majnu neeche intezaar kar raha hoga".

(Alright then, go on, my Laila. Your Majnu must be waiting impatiently downstairs)

Without paying much attention to Shivi's remark, Radhi handed her the keys to her cabin, saying, "Here you go. Whenever you feel like exploring, just lock up and go."

Radhi swiftly handed Shivi the keys, making a quick exit through her cabin gate. Catching a glimpse of Radhi's hurried departure, Shivi called out, "Enjoy your date !"

Aayansh lingered there for quite some time, waiting patiently at the same spot. "Looks like you'll have to find another approach, my friend; she won't agree like this," Aayansh muttered to himself. He hadn't ventured too far, just outside the hospital, when he heard someone calling his name.

He turned to see Radhi sprinting towards him.

"Kahi mai sapna toh nhi dekh raha ?", Aayansh questioned himself.

( Am I experiencing déjà vu, or is this happening again? )

As Radhi reached him, she enveloped Aayansh in a warm embrace, expecting a reaction that never came. Aayansh, seemingly frozen in place, remained motionless.

Unperturbed by his lack of response, Radhi stepped back and, with a sly grin, delivered a gentle punch to his chest.

"Don't you know, Aayansh, when someone hugs you, the proper response is to open your arms wide?" she remarked.