Chapter 21

When Aayansh noticed Radhi's demeanor, he leaned closer to her and softly asked, "Kya hua? Aaj tumhara dhyaan khaane se zyada mujh par hai... kahi tumhe mujhe pyaar to nahi ho gaya?"

(What's wrong? Today, your attention seems to be more on me than on the food... Could it be that you've fallen in love with me?

"Khayali pulao banana band kro kyunki aisa kuch bhi nahi jaise tum samajh rahe ho na hi kabhi future me hoga," Radhi says, gritting her teeth while maintaining a smile on her lips.

(Stop making imaginary plans because there's nothing like what you think, nor will it ever happen in the future)

But they were unaware that their whispering to each other seemed to ignite a fire in someone else's heart.
 He wasn't just anyone, he was Yash.

Yash couldn't bring himself to accept Radhi as his brother Aayansh's wife, and for months, they had been engaging in occasional romance and light-hearted banter, exchanging whispers and glances during dinners. 

Yash couldn't bear all this anymore; he wanted to move on, but he couldn't make it happen.

Yash somehow managed to divert his attention from the two and focused back on his food.

When everyone finished eating, they all headed to their respective rooms.

******

After their meal , Harsh needed to talk to Yash about something very important, so he had called Yash to his study room.

Yash, after finishing his meal, went straight to the study room where Harsh was already present. Harsh appeared visibly distressed.

He was pacing back and forth in the room, seemingly troubled.

Before entering the room, Yash knocked on the door.

As soon as Harsh realized that Yash had entered his study room, he beckoned him in a grand manner, saying, "Come, come, Your Highness, take a seat here on the throne," gesturing towards the chair.His voice clearly indicated that he was taunting Yash.

Yash entered the room upon his father's request and approached Harsh.

Harsh said angrily to Yash, "Do you want to say something yourself, or do I have to find out from someone else?"

Yash couldn't say anything seeing his father getting so angry.

"Now speak," Harsh asked him angrily.

Yash, mustering some courage, said, "I'm sorry".

"Tumhare sorry bolne se meri company ki important deal jo tumhari laparwahi ki wajah se chali gayi vo wapas nahi aa jayegi",Harsh said, slamming the file on the floor.

(You saying sorry won't bring back the important deal my company lost due to your carelessness)

Harsh said ahead, "Kisi kaam ke nahi ho tum. Maine socha tha ki ye deal hume hi milegi lekin tumne sab kharab kar diya."

(You were useless. I thought we would get this deal, but you ruined everything)

In anger, Harsh left the study room.

 Yash had already guessed before coming here that something like this would happen.

Yash couldn't understand how their presentation disappeared at the last moment.

Yash and his team investigated extensively but found no evidence against anyone.

"Iske peeche jo bhi hai, main usse chhodunga nahi," Yash said, while taking an oath to himself.

(Whoever was behind this, I wouldn't spare them)

*******

In Rayansh's Room

Radhi and Aayansh were sitting on the bed.Radhi was completely engrossed in her phone, while Aayansh's focus was on Radhi.

Aayansh had been watching Radhi for an indefinite period, anticipating her to speak, but Radhi appeared to be lost in her own world.

"So, what were you saying?" Aayansh asked Radhi.

"Mujhse pucha kya?" Radhi asked Aayansh.

(Did you ask me something)

" Besides us, is there anyone else in our room that I should ask this question to?" Aayansh said.

Radhi was now a bit confused whether she should ask him this question or not. Radhi thought to herself, "Mera puchna thik rahega kya? Kahi Aayansh ko ye na lage ki main uske personal life mein zyada interfere kar rahi hoon? Ya phir aisa bhi toh ho sakta hai ki main galat hoon?"

(Would it be appropriate for me to ask? What if Aayansh feels like I'm interfering too much in his personal life? Or maybe I'm wrong?)