Chapter 8

"I told you to stay away from Ann" a voice said.

Anntonia froze the moment she heard the familiar voice.

"Hi Michelle" Kate casually greeted.

"And you missy, I told you not to talk to this person why aren't you listening to me?" Michelle said.

"I don't have anything to do. I'm alone and she was kind enough to keep me company" Anntonia said.

"This will be the last time that I'm going to tell you not to talk to her" Michelle said.

"Excuse me, I'm just right here and who are you to tell her what to do? Are you her parents? girlfriend? Are you her wife?" Kate said.

"I promised to our parents that I will look after her" Michelle said.

"And you aren't doing your job very well" Kate said.

"You don't know anything" Michelle said.

Anntonia just sat there, eyes looking back and forth from Kate then to Michelle.

"I can take care of Ann so just go back to your girlfriend. I'll send her to your place safe and sound without a scratch" Kate said like she was testing how far Michelle's patience could go which is about to burst any minute.

"No, she's coming with me. Now" Michelle said and grabbed Anntonia with her away from the pub.

Away from Kate.

Again.

The moment they got out of the restaurant Michelle hastily let go of her hand. Michelle's back was facing her so she really doesn't know what the girl looks like at this moment.

"Hey! That was very rude! Kate was just being nice" Anntonia said.

Michelle didn't answer. Anntonia sighed and just looked interestingly at her dirty snickers again.

"I thought you are going to drive your girlfriend back to city? Why are you back early?" She asked.

"I forgot something so I just asked someone to drive her back" Michelle finally found her voice.

Anntonia was just quiet. She doesn't know what to say.

"What were you thinking going out with Kate?! Aren't you really going to listen to what I've been telling you?" Michelle snapped.

"I'm old enough to decide on my own. You don't get to tell me all the things that I should do and shouldn't do!" Anntonia matched Michelle's anger.

Michelle realized what she did. She felt guilty shouting at Anntonia.

"I'm sorry. Listen... I just don't want you to get into trouble. And Kate is a one big trouble" Michelle said.

"Then what am I going to do here? talk to the plants? And the mountains?" Anntonia sarcastically said animatingly stating her sarcasm.

She really doesn't get it why Michelle always say that Kate is trouble. Usually Michelle wouldn't even care about the people she hangs out, most of her friends are the male racers from her racing club so it was really a mystery why Michelle is telling her not to be friends with Kate.

"I'm just protecting you" Michelle said softly.

Ann sighed. She never thought about saying the following words. It will hurt her yes but if Michelle continues to treat her like this she would never get over her feelings for the girl. She put a hand on her chest and played with her necklace that has a soda tab as a pendant.